Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First impressions with Topbonus

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

First impressions with Topbonus

Asked for and received a status match from Flying Blue (KLM) Gold to Topbonus gold. Very easy process, basically one e-mail with the request and another to send a scan of my FB Gold card.

But first impressions:
  • Status not recognized at Malaysian Airlines
  • Took six Oneworld flights in 3 weeks after the match, only two posted successfully
  • Filed claims for the missing flights, status of the claims does not show on the airberlin website. Contact with Topbonus resulted in a canned reply, but no help offered.

Probably the grass it not greener at Oneworld.

Last edited by Another user name to remember; Dec 16, 2014 at 1:36 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 16, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
The problem is not OneWorld, the problem is Air Berlin. Of all the OneWorld carriers, they are the only one that I actively avoind flying because their customer service is NON-EXISTANT. Sorry for your troubles . Switch to another OW carrier or run away.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, AF/KL Platinum, QR Gold (OW Sapphire), A-Club Platinum, HHonors Diamond
well, honestly it doesn't work good with some of the OW airlines. I'm still trying (almost lost all the faith) to claim missing miles and status points in Qatar Airways Privilege Club for Business Class flights on Royal Jordanian. "Thanks" to those missing points i dropped from Sapphire to Ruby (
Old Dec 18, 2014, 3:15 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
I wonder why MH doesn't regonized AB? I used it on CX and it was on my BP and I was able to use the lounge.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:13 am

I've never had problems with recognition, and I've flown MH a bunch of times.

The web site is generally not very good, but if you call the gold number, I find the customer service is always good from them. But you do need patience...airberlin flights post nearly instantly, but OW flights have taken up to 2 weeks for me.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
There are a lot of reports about difficulties with MH flights posting on other programs. I never had any issue with status recognition, though.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 5:26 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Same thing here. Got status-matched early this year and took 18 OW and EY flights. Out of them just 5 posted within a week. 4 posted after the usage of the online tool. And for half of them I had to get in touch with the gold-service.

Still waiting for the last flights to post (RJ flights).

Of the more than 600 paid *A flights I took since the alliance was founded I can only recall 3(!) flights that did not post in my UA or TG accounts instantly.

F.R.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Here's some questions form an AB newbie regarding redemptions:

- how do I book J class redemptions online? Only Y is offered (even though there are available J redemption seats - checked on both BA and AA)

- how do I book (force) partner redemptions online? E.g I can book a HEL-BUD redemption direct flight on AY with my AA, BA or AY points (so redemption space is available) but with AB only HEL-TXL-BUD
Old Jan 23, 2015, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Another user name to remember
  • Status not recognized at Malaysian Airlines
In what way was it not recognized?

What status benefits were you denied?

Were you carrying your card? When you have your card with you, you cannot as easily be brushed aside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.