Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

AB: 70 000 Topbonus miles for 349,- Eur

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AB: 70 000 Topbonus miles for 349,- Eur

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2015, 4:44 am

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Originally Posted by Jma12
wow, thanks. I am trying to book SIN-CDG via AUH. I guess now it is possible to book with QR via AB. Will look into that .

How much did you pay for YQ by the way?
I canīt remember the details but ~ 200€ for my intinerary.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:42 am

Just booked 2 J seats Doh-Sin. No problems booking this, YQ was 240€ for both.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:00 am

Smile

Originally Posted by Dennis
ZRH-DOH-KUL
Hi Dennis,

I understand that you've successfully booked this itinerary using your topbonus miles.

Were these miles purchased through the "citytourpass" promotion or were they accumulated through flight?

Also, did you encounter any problems trying to book the seats with Qatar Airways? I mean were you the one who asked for QR or did the agent just book seats that were available for your route?

Thanks!
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by elgato
Just booked 2 J seats Doh-Sin. No problems booking this, YQ was 240€ for both.
Hi!

I know booking award flights with topbonus' CSR can be quite a daunting task. So, did you succeed during the first attempt with the agent or did you have to call back and speak to other agents?

And were these miles bought during the October citytourpass promotion? I have a load of miles (bought through the Oct promo) and was wondering whether the phone agent would allow the miles to be used for OW J class booking.

Thanks.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Originally Posted by Khairul Sufi
Hi Dennis,

I understand that you've successfully booked this itinerary using your topbonus miles.

Were these miles purchased through the "citytourpass" promotion or were they accumulated through flight?

Also, did you encounter any problems trying to book the seats with Qatar Airways? I mean were you the one who asked for QR or did the agent just book seats that were available for your route?

Thanks!
Hi Khairul Sufi,

these miles have been purchased through the "citytourpass" promotion and have been accumulated through flights and through credit card expenses.
I canīt tell you, which part belongs to the booked itinerary.

And no, no problems encountered with booking the seat with QR.
I asked for the flights (starting point and arrival point) and the agent suggested the QR flights via DOH.

Cheers
Dennis
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
You can also use BA's search engine for look up QR flight. Sign up for Avios account is free .
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Dennis
Hi Khairul Sufi,

these miles have been purchased through the "citytourpass" promotion and have been accumulated through flights and through credit card expenses.
I canīt tell you, which part belongs to the booked itinerary.

And no, no problems encountered with booking the seat with QR.
I asked for the flights (starting point and arrival point) and the agent suggested the QR flights via DOH.

Cheers
Dennis
Great! Thanks for the reply Dennis! Hope you will or have enjoyed your stay here in Kuala Lumpur, where the sun NEVER stops shining
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Jma12
You can also use BA's search engine for look up QR flight. Sign up for Avios account is free .
Just signed up! Thanks for the advice. I must say that the BA Avios site is great for OW flight availability ^
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:46 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by soy
Anyone have any issue using miles purchased in the Oct/Nov2014 version of this promo?

Friend bought miles and tried to use them for a one-way trip CLT-DUB in Y, but AB say the miles cannot be used for this. (I know not a great use of miles, but no J available and dates not flexible).

Availability confirmed on BA.com and AA.com, so I know the seats are available.

Apart, from the 70k purchased miles, the only other miles are the 500miles for opening an account. Granted she did have to follow up with them to get the 70k miles credited, as there seemed to have been some glitch processing the transaction.
Update - Finally managed to book flights after 5+ HUCA efforts. Agents are hopeless. Heard everything from no flights available (there were) to only seats available are in coach and cannot use AB miles to fly coach (reckon she thought it was some sort of codeshare with a bus company).

Finally managed to get an agent to see the flights (FLL-CLT-DUB), whereupon agent insisted that only J was available (despite AA, BA etc saying otherwise). Of course at booking, only Y was available. Finally got the seats booked but way too much work.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 9:05 am

Any chance of this promotion coming back soon?
Old Jul 26, 2015, 9:52 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by tboons
Any chance of this promotion coming back soon?
unlikely.
They have the same promotion running right now, 5 flights for 349 EUR, but they donīt hand out miles for booking them. You receive voucher-codes with which you need to book your flights through e-mail.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by gkl
unlikely.
They have the same promotion running right now, 5 flights for 349 EUR, but they donīt hand out miles for booking them. You receive voucher-codes with which you need to book your flights through e-mail.
It was a pain to speak with the agent. I used the miles to book a simple SIN to CDG via DOH on QR J. Took them an hour to book this simple flight. How disappointed.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by gkl
unlikely.
5 flights or 5 segments? Could be interesting. Cannot find the link
Old Jul 28, 2015, 1:15 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
http://www.flyniki.com/en-AT/niki/la...e=citytourpass
Old Aug 10, 2015, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by gkl
unlikely.
Much worse than the previous one with miles. One could use those miles any way one wanted - these vouchers are only valid for Niki on specified routes.

To and from Vienna:

Hamburg
Berlin
Dusseldorf
Hanover
Nuremberg
Munich
Athens
Rome
Milan
Florence
Nice
Paris
Stockholm
Barcelona
Valencia
Alicante
Malaga
Madrid
Malta
Paphos
Larnaca
Innsbruck
Zurich

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.