Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

AirBerlin and O'Hare - lost and found help please

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

I arrived at ORD on an AirBerlin flight last Saturday (4/26) and I left my wonderful black fleece jacket between my seat and the wall. I realized that I didn't have it as I got on the next flight and the FA told me to contact O'Hare when I got home.

-O'Hare's website directs you to contact the airline if you leave something in the plane.
- AirBerlin told me that no, I need to contact O'Hare and gave me #773-686-4234 (which is actually the lost and found number for American at O'Hare).
- Call that number and it goes to a voicemail box. I've left two messages, no response.
- I called back to AirBerlin for giggles and was told that no, no, I should contact the airport police as all items are sent to them. I was given #773-686-2385.
-The nice officer I spoke to there told me no, if it was left on an airplane that I must contact the airline and that AirBerlin doesn't really have a presence at the airport and to contact American as their closest partner. He then gave me the -4234 number again.

I received a (very irritated sounding) message today that I need to contact AirBerlin and NOT American and was given #773-894-2340. The message did not include who that number should get me to, just the number. That number was busy each time I called it on and off over the course of a couple hours. Then it rang through and was eventually picked up by a man who just said "she's not here now!" and wouldn't really tell me who the earthly hell I had called. I think he said "the counter" but that's not exactly helpful and I could barely understand him so I'm not actually sure.

Help please??? Any ideas on who I really should call to try to track down a jacket left on a specific flight and what number I should try next? I know that they only keep things for a short time and I'd really like that jacket back... it's a nice one and it's been all over the world with me.

Thanks for any help or ideas!
Old May 14, 2015, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has updates. My mother believes she left her wallet on today's flight from TXL to ord. What would be the right number to call

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.