Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

What to do with 5500 Topbonus Miles?

Old Mar 5, 2014, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond

I have around 5500 miles from a long haul trip on JAL which accidentally ended up in my Topbonus account. They were supposed to be credited to BAEC but I forgot to change the FFP at check-in.

Needless to say, does anybody have any idea on what to do with these miles? The AB website states that there are "Top Deals" e.g awards that can be had for as little as 2000 or 3000 miles but so far I haven't seen any. Anyone have any advice on how to burn these miles?

Thanks!
Old Mar 5, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Wait until there's "topdeal tickets" available again. These sales happen a few times a year and are announced by email, so watch out for messages from topbonus.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 12:21 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
watch out tomorrow for Top Deals ("Schnäppchenticket").
http://www.airberlin.com/en-CH/site/...redemption.php
Old Mar 12, 2014, 2:30 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
for example between Germany and Mallorca, 5000 miles plus about 80 Euros get you a roundtrip!
Old Apr 17, 2014, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Interesting. Whenever I click on TopDeals I only find an empty screen. No offers show up when I log in. Any way to see and book these tickets or are they released on an ad-hoc basis?
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:20 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
they are released on an ad-hoc basis every couple of months for a couple of days.
Old May 12, 2014, 8:04 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Either I lack skills, or there is very little info publicly available on topbonus redemption rates. Can you guys give some info on what to do with 5/10/50/100k topbonus miles?
Old May 12, 2014, 10:39 pm
gkl

check out this site:
http://www.airberlin.com/en-DE/site/tb/redeem/index.php
from Schnäppchenticket ("topdeal ticket) to Business class award or Upgrade to companion ticket to Oneworld Award - all would be possible depending on the miles you have.
Old May 13, 2014, 12:39 am

hi gkl,

That site requires me to log in to see how many miles I need to book an award ticket. And, it says I only need 3k for a one-way. But if I were to go from HEL to e.g. PMI, how many miles would that be?
Old May 14, 2014, 11:05 am
gkl

The redemption charts you can find without logging in. HEL to PMI (or any other intra-Europe reward) costs 10k miles oneway + tax (111 EUR) with the possibility to pay the tax with 7500 miles. Availability is quite good throughout the summer.

Topdeal tickets are only available for nonstop flights.
Old May 15, 2014, 7:52 am

Thanks! 111 seems surprisingly high, having flown AB on AA miles through PMI and back for less in taxes. Does AB add YQ to their award tickets?
Old May 15, 2014, 10:13 am

they do. moreover, full YQ, as it would apply on full Y fare.
Old May 15, 2014, 12:35 pm
gkl

just to clarify: YQ is included in the 111 EUR I mentioned.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.