Search

Bonus Miles Offers at airberlin

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2013, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Bonus Miles Offers at airberlin

I thought it might be useful to have a thread where we could post offers which yield a decent amount of miles. Apart from the promotion where two activities with non-airline partners yield 2,000 miles, and three activities yield 3,000 miles (registration until end July, valid for activities until end August), there seem to be quite a few offers coming and going.

The best I found just now is this offer for the FAZ, where 15,000 miles are offered for a 3-month Abo costing around EUR98:

https://verlag2.faz.net/s/RubF78C2E9...mon~Sform.html
Old Jul 3, 2013, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Nice bonus of 1,500 miles for new sign-ups to the TopBonus programme:

http://www.airberlin.com/de/site/lan...sub=headerlink
Old Jul 3, 2013, 11:29 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by Concerto
I thought it might be useful to have a thread where we could post offers which yield a decent amount of miles. Apart from the promotion where two activities with non-airline partners yield 2,000 miles, and three activities yield 3,000 miles (registration until end July, valid for activities until end August), there seem to be quite a few offers coming and going.

The best I found just now is this offer for the FAZ, where 15,000 miles are offered for a 3-month Abo costing around EUR98:

Where can I register fir the promotion where two activities with non-airline partners yield 2,000 miles, and three activities yield 3,000 miles (registration until end July, valid for activities until end August)

Found it: http://www.airberlin.com/en-US/site/...=partnermeilen
Old Jul 4, 2013, 11:47 pm

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
What are the most interesting partner transfers? For SPG platinums you can transfer one point to one mile. Three of those should count for 3k miles. Am not an SPG plat however, so thinking to do the Holiday Check hotel reviews for 300 miles each (double award miles from 150) found on the promotion page http://www.airberlin.com/en-GB/site/...et_lid=6760031
Old Jul 12, 2013, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by cardesigner2000
What are the most interesting partner transfers? For SPG platinums you can transfer one point to one mile. Three of those should count for 3k miles. Am not an SPG plat however, so thinking to do the Holiday Check hotel reviews for 300 miles each (double award miles from 150) found on the promotion page http://www.airberlin.com/en-GB/site/...et_lid=6760031
1. SPG
2. Holidaycheck
3. American Express Rewards
Old Jul 12, 2013, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Holidaycheck? You've got to be kidding! All three times I tried to post a review, I encountered obstacles such as having to email in receipts as proof of stay. Needless to say, the miles (M&M) never posted. I don't expect it to be any different this time. How long do the miles usually take to post to TopBonus?
Old Jul 12, 2013, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Holidaycheck

Holidaycheck? You've got to be kidding! All three times I tried to post a review, I encountered obstacles such as having to email in receipts as proof of stay. Needless to say, the miles (M&M) never posted. I don't expect it to be any different this time. How long do the miles usually take to post to TopBonus?
Holidaycheck does work without issues! My more than 200 hotel reviews there are proof enough!

New members do need to establish trust by sending them booking confirmations. Once you become a trusted member, they may ask you for a proof every once in a while (maybe every 40 reviews) and I thing that's ok.

Miles post usually within about six week. I have experience with Air Berlin and Air Baltic.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Six weeks? Ah that's good to know, gives me just enough time to do another activity if the miles don't show up on my TopBonus account. Thanks for this!
Old Sep 5, 2013, 2:33 am

Just stumbled across that HolidayCheck offer and realized they're also running a sweepstakes until Oct 6 where each hotel review also (aside from 300 free miles) gets an entry into a sweepstakes for 1 of 5 trips. If the miles themselves are worth your time, doing it now during the sweepstakes may be worth the added bonus.

Last edited by Stephen L.; Sep 5, 2013 at 4:42 am
Old Sep 5, 2013, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

That's great! Didn't know about this one. Is the 300 miles really still going, or is it back to 150 miles per review?

Here are a couple of other mileage earning opportunities. First up is a 3-month subscription to the FAZ Frankfurter Allgemeine newspaper, which would yield 15,000 miles for EUR103. That is a pretty good price, I reckon (although I can't stand the paper). But don't forget to cancel it if you don't want it to continue beyond 3 months. There is a 20 day deadline for cancelling:

Next is a 20,000 mile offer for a Postbank Business Giro account at the German post office bank (which I happen to think is one of the few decent banks in Germany). Not sure if I want to do it myself, so I haven't examined the details yet, but here is the link:

https://www.postbank.de/geschaeftsku...tner=airberlin
Old Sep 5, 2013, 10:52 am

According to all the logos they offer 150, but the HolidayCheck website says 300 and there's a news item on TopBonus referring to the same through the end of September.

I'd say do the hotel review but then take the screenshot just in case they don't credit the full 300 per?

I'm relatively new to TopBonus, by the way. Is there a detailed primer on here anywhere? Search doesn't immediately bring one up.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

[...] promotion where two activities with non-airline partners yield 2,000 miles, and three activities yield 3,000 miles (registration until end July, valid for activities until end August)
Did anybody receive the miles for this promotion? I am still waiting for mine to show up.

There is a current promotion where you get 2,000 bonus miles for completing: 1) a hotel stay; 2) writing a review of said hotel stay; 3) renting a car; 4) completing at least one flight. I forgot to mention it here, but I am hoping most people received the offer by email and signed up for it.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:13 pm

Programs: QFF, Velocity, USDM, PC, HH, SPG,
Did anybody receive the miles for this promotion? I am still waiting for mine to show up.

There is a current promotion where you get 2,000 bonus miles for completing: 1) a hotel stay; 2) writing a review of said hotel stay; 3) renting a car; 4) completing at least one flight. I forgot to mention it here, but I am hoping most people received the offer by email and signed up for it.
I've received 3,000 bonus points for 3 activities in August. All 3 activities were Holiday Check reviews.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

That's weird... I thought they had to be separate activities on different partners, including hotel bonus programme transfers.

My 3,000 miles turned up on the 25th September, which is good. The posting of points and miles at airberlin seems to work without any problems so far.

I have just made a reservation for a car rental with Sunny Cars, which appears to be a broker for the different rental companies (I have been farmed out to Alamo). I got EUR41 for a 1-day rental at Manchester Airport, which is quite good. The rental in itself should 1,500 miles, due to triple miles currently being offered at Sunny Cars until 15th October:

http://www.sunnycars.de/DE/en/booking.html

For the current 2,000 bonus mile promo I mentioned a few posts above, I sure hope 1-day rentals are eligible. I didn't notice anything in all the text or TC's that I read that imply otherwise.

A word of warning if anyone is going to do this: when you go through the form, be very careful to check the box next to "Bonus programme" on the 3rd page of the booking form. That brings up the possibility to enter your airberlin number, otherwise there is no other possibility to enter it.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 6:10 pm

Programs: QFF, Velocity, USDM, PC, HH, SPG,
I'm finding that the miles seem to be relatively easy to come by, however, when looking at redemptions, say LHR - VIE make it almost uneconomical to reedem miles.
Does anyone have experiences with taxes charged on Etihad or Qantas domestic flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.