Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AB customer service

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2012, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SM Million Miler | Miles & More | Bonvoy Gold | HHonors Diamond | AMEX Centurion | PC Platinum
Angry AB customer service

As posted in a different thread, they completely distroyed my suitcase back in february. I sent them a claim with offical statement that the bag can not be repaired but I didn't receive any reply (beside that they assigned a claim number) from them so far.

In May, they cancelled my flight, I successfully managed to rebook it but I had to pay for the hotel accommodation by my self. You know the scenario:
I sent them a claim with hotel receipt but I didn't receive any reply yet (beside that they assigned a claim number).

You would probably suggest me to give them a call. I did. but only a machine is speaking to me, advising me that they are to bussy to take my call and asking me to email or fax them.

Does anyone have same problems with their customer service?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
One of our German staff avoids them completely now because he feels the last 12 months the whole system at AB has gone downhill. He would much rather take the train or drive to FRA from Hannover to connect to his flights than use them. He pointed out to me the other day although they are supposed to be part of One World, the map of the world they have on the website doesnt even show Taiwan as a country, according to AB it doesnt exist.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
I can only concur with what mayodave said. Service definitely went downhill lately, and there seems to be a system behind the non-reactions from customer service. I presume this is the result of layoffs and cutbacks they had to implement recently because their financial situation is less than rosy.
I've had my share of bad experiences with their Customer service as well - the worst being that they made me pay for my already-paid-for ticket *again* when I wanted to check in in OSL for the return leg of a roundtrip ticket at 6am in the morning. Took them several months to refund me the money on what was more than clearly their fault, and that only after I had to resort to announcing legal action and criminal prosecution via letter sent by registered mail until things got moving there. If you speak German, read this - we are not alone.
That said, just call again. And again. Until you get to an agent who actually will put you through to someone with powers to actually do something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.