Search

Bereavement Fares on AB?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB, M+
Bereavement Fares on AB?

Hi!

My friend's dad passed away on Monday and she had to fly from DUS to MIA yesterday.
The ticket was booked via some internet vendor.
Is there any way to get some type of bereavement reimbursement on AB?

Thanks a bunch!
Old Jul 26, 2012, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Dannibal
Hi!

My friend's dad passed away on Monday and she had to fly from DUS to MIA yesterday.
The ticket was booked via some internet vendor.
Is there any way to get some type of bereavement reimbursement on AB?

Thanks a bunch!
Bereavment fares and/or bereavement discounts are generally discussed with the airline (or agent) in advance of booking and ticketing. While it may have happened that some were given a bereavement fare and some reimbursement (for the difference between a bereavement fare and a higher paid fare) after the trip is flown in part (or in whole), I have never observed such a thing personally.

Bereavement fares or discounts don't always result in as much savings for last minute tickets as alternative fares/purchase methods. [Sometimes it is even cheaper to buy the miles from an airline and fly on a mileage ticket than it is to fly on a bereavement fare and/or with a bereavement discount on a regular paid ticket fare.]

If she manages to get a reimbursement after having flown the ticket in part or in whole, I would love to hear about it as it would be news to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.