Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

AB Lounges how do they shape up against other carriers in the EU???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2012, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond

I was wondering how AB lounges (the AB operated ones) compare against those of other EU carriers, for example IB,BA,LH etc. Now that they are in OW and soon to be opening (eventually, hopefully sometime in 2012......) a new lounge in BER. What should one expect in terms of food, amenities etc?
Old May 11, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, BA EC Gold, TK Elite, KL Silver
Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
I was wondering how AB lounges (the AB operated ones) compare against those of other EU carriers, for example IB,BA,LH etc. Now that they are in OW and soon to be opening (eventually, hopefully sometime in 2012......) a new lounge in BER. What should one expect in terms of food, amenities etc?
From what I've heard there will be showers, conference rooms, hot and cold meals, a bar area as well as working areas and lounge chairs.
Old May 12, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime Platinum, 2.6M
the buzz from the staff in the new BER airport (which is delayed until October now!) have said it's pretty lame. Don't expect BA LHR level quality. Figure it's probably like the Admirals Club with free booze...

Plus there will only be two major lounges in the airport, AB/OW or LH/*A which means C-R-O-W-D-S galore. Awesome.

Originally Posted by sebblum
From what I've heard there will be showers, conference rooms, hot and cold meals, a bar area as well as working areas and lounge chairs.
Old May 12, 2012, 6:51 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, BA EC Gold, TK Elite, KL Silver

Looks good to me. I think AB mentioned that they will be opening a second lounge in BER after the airport will start its operations and there will be one from AF/KLM as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.