Benefits for OW emerald on AB ?

Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by alhcfp
OW Emerald flying w/ no status person on AB. Is XL available?

Also- Does AB miles to AA account 100% and are their elite bonuses?
1. Yes
2. No
Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:12 am
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
Originally Posted by teiring
1. Yes
2. No

THX
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
The Amadeus Group are not CSR but in particular working for travel agents. And they are not only better trained but have - as you would say in the anglosaxon world - studied for three years. The call centre agents are most frequently "trained monkeys" and do not even understand the difference between a topbonus and an executive club award ticket. I have doubts that the main group is based in Berlin. I frequently get Eastern European accents.
Thanks for the information, that's good to know. I asked at the end of my call in German where the CSR was based, and in (what my anglosaxon ears thought was accent-free) German she replied Berlin... but who knows. I've also spoken to CSRs named "Jeff" from other companies who were clearly in India but insisted they were based in Oregon.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 2:09 pm

Location: in your favourite lounge, clearing the whole buffet
Programs: LH Maximizer of the year, BA Blue Label killer
Tried to get the here mentioned OW benefits, but only got the free seat assignment. Has anyone received the free Premium Meal recently?
Old Mar 5, 2013, 4:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Benefits for OW emerald on AB ?

Premium meal is not a OW emerald benefit.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 12:24 am

May be anybody knows?
OW Sapphire and no status person flying on AB/NIKI and have two separate booking references. Can I select seat free for charge only for myself or for my companion too?
Thank you.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Can always try, but hard enough to get a seat assignment even with status as it is.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Premium meal is not a OW emerald benefit.
Hm okay, so I have to raid the lounge then
Old Mar 11, 2013, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The DUS and TXL lounge offerings for food when I fly AB via there are pretty slim -- better than domestic US AA ACs but that is not saying a lot.

I am not sure what is up for free baggage allowance on TATL AB flights as OW Sapphire or Emerald, but all of our recently AA-ticketed AB flights are showing at least one free bag of 50lbs/23kgs and second free bag of 32kgs per passenger.

Last edited by GUWonder; Mar 11, 2013 at 4:09 pm
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by travelkid
Booked a short "just fly" ticket intra EU for March 2013.

Being OW emerald I called an english speakin CSR. He said he was 100% sure there were no benefits, and corrected to 1000% when I re-asked

It was adjusted to mean in-flight, as there would be some benefits at airport (check-in, lounge). Meaning no gourmet food, no priority boarding, no free seating, no added luggage.

I only pushed free seating, and he put me on hold and assumingly had it confirmed with topbonus dept. He also gave me the number, which turned out to be in german only, and just hanging up after a while letting me know they had too much traffic (930 pm local time).

Not too bothered for a 90 min flight, still far better than competing LCCs without lounge access, and god forbid FR
This was booked back in Oct, and flew OSL-TXL last week. Went to the check in desk at OSL, to get luggage tags, but they were not used at OSL. No fast track for security but good lounge. Newspapers, wifi, alcohol, decent food/snacks. Not sure if it was priority boarding, but we boarded first. I had added my AA EXP, which at time of flight had become OW sapphire. GF had added OW emerald. Separate tickets, but I got a 3 seater at row 7 on a rather full plane, while GF at least had a blocked middle seat. Assuming it was due to status. Served free soft drink and a fresh muffins. Modern stewardesses wearing jeans was a new one. Not sure if its regular outfit or due to 8 March? No tax free shopping at arrival TXL was disappointing, but a 15 min + cab ride to the free minibar at the BRGed suite at IC made up for that part.

OLCI is only 30h prior- which should have been longer. Upon checking in for the return TXL-OSL I noticed on the OLCI BP that emerald GF ha been given 2 pieces of handbags+ laptop, while I only had one handbag at 6 kg. BP as MMS was not an option for me but was for GF. Got them printed at IC for free.
Went to priority desk at check in to get luggage tags. We were given new BPs, both showing 1 piece only+ fast track. The paper tags for carry on should be collected for future use Unless they add them in the computer? He didnt say a word on GFs 7.7kg bag. No line at priority desk or at fast track. Then for the "lounge". Didnt get our BPs to work at the scanner at the door, and the present phone didnt work at first, but as another guy swiped his top bonus card we just entered the unmanned lounge. Not sure of the actual policy.

Free wifi- evidenced by this post. Basic furniture, not too comfy. Soft drink machine with free soft drinks. A few newspapers and TVs. Tea/coffe machine out of order.

Waiting to see if any luggage checks or priority boarding at gate soon.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 6:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Dont know if there was priority boarding as I had a quick visit to tax-free, but there was no check of luggage weight or tags at boarding. No Ryanair style agents sneaking around.

In any case I suggest you keep those luggage tags for future use (bring some tape to attach it)! Avoiding having to go to counter 60 min pre flight, and weighing it as well^

Maybe start trading tags on CC
Old Mar 31, 2013, 7:14 am

I read the crew instructions to handle an OW Emerald on board on HG flights

You are entitled to get:
- Free premium menu
- Free unlimited booze

They also have to greet you by your name and offer you a lot of amenities.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:01 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
So as a OW emerald what can I expect on my KRK-TXL and return flight in economy (emb190)?
Do they really won't allow boarding without a luggage tag? What is the booking class to AB fares translate to? (I got Q outbound and P return). Is a carry-on plus laptop bag OK?
Old Jun 29, 2013, 1:52 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by jason8612
So as a OW emerald what can I expect on my KRK-TXL and return flight in economy (emb190)?
Do they really won't allow boarding without a luggage tag? What is the booking class to AB fares translate to? (I got Q outbound and P return). Is a carry-on plus laptop bag OK?
You will be allowed boarding without a luggage tag. You only need it for the cheap carry only fares (JustFly) which usually booked in Z .

Your booking Classes translate to FlyClassic (W, E, P, O, Q, N, S, V, L, M, K).
You have one additional piece of checked luggage as Emerald.

As Emerald you have access to the BA or AF Lounge in TXL. I prefer the BA Lounge - but the AF lounge has longer operation hours.

The AB homepage shows a Business Lounge for Krakow (1st floor after security).

You may have to call for a seat reservation. You get "Fast Track" printed on your BP. Usually the next seat to you will be
Old Jun 29, 2013, 1:55 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by travelkid
Then for the "lounge". Didnt get our BPs to work at the scanner at the door, and the present phone didnt work at first, but as another guy swiped his top bonus card we just entered the unmanned lounge. Not sure of the actual policy.

Free wifi- evidenced by this post. Basic furniture, not too comfy. Soft drink machine with free soft drinks. A few newspapers and TVs. Tea/coffe machine out of order.

Waiting to see if any luggage checks or priority boarding at gate soon.
That was not their proper lounge. That was the "Exclusive Waiting Area". Access only for Business Class, Full-Fare, AB and EY Elites (including Silver).

Oneworld Saphires and Emeralds have no access (which I do not understand until now). In TXL you have access to two lounges (BA and AF), which are both located before security in the main terminal. I like the, but it is usually a little walk to the gates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.