Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Benefits for OW emerald on AB ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum for life
LAME: OW Emerald given no seating benefits on AB

Disappointed to discover today--after booking--that AB doesn't like OneWorld Emerald business...(should have read this thread earlier but never seen anything like this on OW except maybe the Qatar air lounge access limitations at the old airport).

Surprised to see AB wanted to charge me for picking any seat from Exit row forward and another 20% of my ticket price for an XL seat. If XL were actually a premium economy I could understand, but it certainly isn't.

I'll fly another OW next time.
Old May 22, 2016, 12:42 pm

Is there a free bag for OW Emerald on a JustFly fare? OW site only indicated BA's HBO as exception in free bags.
Old May 24, 2016, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by lpdds
Disappointed to discover today--after booking--that AB doesn't like OneWorld Emerald business...(should have read this thread earlier but never seen anything like this on OW except maybe the Qatar air lounge access limitations at the old airport).

Surprised to see AB wanted to charge me for picking any seat from Exit row forward and another 20% of my ticket price for an XL seat. If XL were actually a premium economy I could understand, but it certainly isn't.

I'll fly another OW next time.
Even more frustrating considering that AB mentions on its own website: "Of course holders of status cards from oneworld airline partners also enjoy oneworld status benefits on airberlin flights according to their oneworld status level. You will find an overview of the oneworld benefits » available on airberlin flights." Linking to a page referring to unrestricted choice of preferred seats....
Old May 25, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
Originally Posted by gnargel
Even more frustrating considering that AB mentions on its own website: "Of course holders of status cards from oneworld airline partners also enjoy oneworld status benefits on airberlin flights according to their oneworld status level. You will find an overview of the oneworld benefits » available on airberlin flights." Linking to a page referring to unrestricted choice of preferred seats....
only that there's an asterisk and a "subject to the terms and conditions set by the oneworld member airline operating the flight" fine print disclaimer. Yeah, right.
AB CS actually pointed this out to me few months ago when I complained (after they instituted the current "non-AB OWEs need to pay for XL seats" policy) and as a result (of this and a few too many route cuts) I've been taking most of my intra-EU business elsewhere.
Old May 25, 2016, 12:54 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Hey - pls escalate! There is is on option on oneWorld.com to contact oneWorld (alliance, not an individual airline) via e.g. Facebook.

(I am not affected as I always credit AB to topbonus)
Old May 31, 2016, 1:15 am

Programs: QFF WP/OWE
I'm trying to select a standard seat (which they say is $0.00) but it's requesting I enter my CC details. Can I be assured that I won't be charged for something else? It seems quite silly!

PS: I'm OWE.
Old May 31, 2016, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by PaulST
I'm trying to select a standard seat (which they say is $0.00) but it's requesting I enter my CC details. Can I be assured that I won't be charged for something else? It seems quite silly!

PS: I'm OWE.
Yes - don't worry. Even I have to enter my bank details when selecting seats as a Topbonus Gold Member. But as it says €/$ 0.00 you won't be charged...
Old Jun 25, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
It seems that at online checkin one can select pretty much any seat you want as BA Gold. Off on ZRH-FAO tomorrow afternoon and I was originally in 15F but moved to 1A once online checkin had opened using the AB app. And now BP issued without a problem.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 9:43 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
It seems that at online checkin one can select pretty much any seat you want as BA Gold. Off on ZRH-FAO tomorrow afternoon and I was originally in 15F but moved to 1A once online checkin had opened using the AB app. And now BP issued without a problem.
I don't believe this is true for long haul flights.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: DL (MM), UA(MM) , AA(MM) , Bonvoy - LT Titanium
Spoke to an AB agent this morning regarding OWE benefits for baggage. She told me that on the cheapest fares, I would get a 1 checked bag free but only for the actual OWE member. Others on the same reservation would have to pay for their bags. Anyone else have information to the contrary...

Thanks,
Old Jun 30, 2016, 12:51 pm

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador
I flew last week from MUC-Naples on AirBerlin with my Mom. We both had a bag that we were going to carry on. Check-in agent told us the bag was to big and we had to check. It was 60 Euros a bag (our tickets were 64 Euros a piece). She saw I was OW Emerald but said that we get no privileges when booking a just fly cheap fare. I told her I booked on Expedia and it never told me what kind of fare this was. I even showed her the OW website and that there were no exclusions. She wasn't have any of it. Was my first trip as OW Emerald and it was bad. No bags, no preferred seating, no lounge, no priority boarding. Air Berlin should not be a member of OW.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 2:44 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by chgodrew
No bags, no preferred seating, no lounge, no priority boarding. Air Berlin should not be a member of OW.
The agent was poorly educated. These benefits should have been granted to you.
Lounge would be the Atlantik Lounge.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by gkl
The agent was poorly educated. These benefits should have been granted to you.
Lounge would be the Atlantik Lounge.
Wow, Air Berlin really should do something about this. They are really annoying a lot of Oneworld elites that are not Topbonus members.

Such a shame.... Before arriving at the airport they treated me (OWE) poorly, but at the airport they were great and gave me the best XL seat for free and during the flight they gave me wine and champagne from business class....

Why can't their service be a bit more consistent?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: QFF WP/OWE
Originally Posted by Genesis321
Yes - don't worry. Even I have to enter my bank details when selecting seats as a Topbonus Gold Member. But as it says €/$ 0.00 you won't be charged...
Thanks. Yep, I don't believe that I was charged.

As a OWE, will I get access to the 'exclusive waiting areas' at MUC and TXL next week? I'm reading conflicting reports so I've got no idea what to expect when I arrive at the airport.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 5:21 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
No you will not have access to these areas. But as they consist only of some tables and a free coke dispenser you are not missing much....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.