Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Benefits for OW emerald on AB ?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by chalf
Thanks - I'll be happy with being able to pre-reserve 4D, and hope that the middle seat next to me is blocked. If so, I'll get as much as I would in CE on BA!

It was not clear to me from reading through this thread; should I also expect any free food and drink, or are my OWE benefits just lounge access and pre-reserving a seat (which is quite sufficient--but wouldn't mind a free beer, if I can get one).
Free food: No, this is a AB Plat only benefit (and needs to be ordered min. 48h in advance). But you get a snack similar to BA Y (e.g. crisps).
Free alcoholic drinks: Not a written OWE benefit, but you usually get drinks for free as OWE. For AB Plat it is a written benefit.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by seawolf
The benefits listed on the topbonus page is for AB's own elite and may/may not carry over to OW equivalent elite traveling on AB. An example is complimentary XL seats assignment.
That is a good example, but I did get priority baggage, fast track security and boarding, seat selection (2F), and a visit to the Exclusive Waiting Area including 1 guest on my last flight between VIE and ZRH on NIKI. I was booked into FlyDeal.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 6:23 am

what lounge can i access in MUC when flying AB?
Old Nov 2, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tboons
what lounge can i access in MUC when flying AB?
https://www.airberlin.com/de-DE/site......_lounge.php

You have status, right?
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:46 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by Andie007
Here's the english link: https://www.airberlin.com/en-DE/site......_lounge.php

I was asked to show my BAEC card when entering the lounge as I was using my iPhone for my ticket at ZRH.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Senator
You should also be able to use the BA Galleries lounge. But it is in the non-Schengen section so you need ID to get into non-Schengen and then back into Schengen. Depending on what passport/nationality you have this might be too much of a hassle.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 3:33 am

thanks!

OWS, from Asia. I have 2 hours from QR then connecting to AB on a separate ticket. thinking of getting lunch at the beerhouse in munich then check into lounge to relax haha.

can i guest +1 into the lounge?
Old Nov 6, 2015, 6:28 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
thanks!

OWS, from Asia. I have 2 hours from QR then connecting to AB on a separate ticket. thinking of getting lunch at the beerhouse in munich then check into lounge to relax haha.

Refer to oneworld lounge access for frequent flyers by tier status
Old Nov 6, 2015, 7:09 pm

its a third party lounge...
Old Nov 7, 2015, 8:18 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
its a third party lounge...
OW rules should still apply. Only difference I think is you have to fly on that particular oneworld airline contracting the lounge instead of any OW airline.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
OW rules should still apply. Only difference I think is you have to fly on that particular oneworld airline contracting the lounge instead of any OW airline.
Great! Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:58 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I am not so sure about the hype here.
My recent 4 AB flights as OWE (non-AB, but AY OWE instead):

3 flights with no recognition whatsoever, no welcome, no freebies, nothing. I did not ask, but I even showed once my platinum card when I bought a drink, but it was neglected.
On 1 flight I was greeted by name, offered newspaper, greeted again in the end of flight by name and asked how was the experience. First time in my life that someone paid so much attention that a true Finnish guy gets nervous...ironically though, this was a AB-flight operated by Finnair leased by Niki (complicated? )

Should I complain
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
thanks!

As others said: The Lounge in MUC is in the non-Schengen Area.

If you arrive with QR it is easy then: You will arrive in the non-schengen sectoin. Just go to the flight connections area in Modul C.
There is a very small security control. Chose either the Atlantic Lounge (Modul C) or the BA Lounge (Modul B).
The Atlantic Lounge is easier to access (as you stay in Modul C), the BA Lounge is much nicer.
Be aware that Modul B and C are separated for US-Departures.

Then use the Passport control in Modul C to change to Non-Shengen and walk to Modul A for your Departure.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
On 1 flight I was greeted by name, offered newspaper, greeted again in the end of flight by name and asked how was the experience. First time in my life that someone paid so much attention that a true Finnish guy gets nervous...ironically though, this was a AB-flight operated by Finnair leased by Niki (complicated? )
So I'm assuming that you have Emerald status with Finnair? In which case it sort of makes sense that they were making a fuss of you.

On my AB flight last week they paid a lot of attention to the guy in 1A. No other passengers in the seats 1B or 1C, and he got a gourmet meal. He must have been an AB Platinum.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 5:49 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by FFlash
I did not ask, but I even showed once my platinum card when I bought a drink, but it was neglected.

Should I complain
No - complimentary booze is not an OWE published benefit... Some airlines extend it to own OWE's (like AA).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.