Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Benefits for OW emerald on AB ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Here is my experence just booked seats on 4 legs, award ticket AA J DFW-FRA then FRA-TXL-CPH on AB. She gave me row 2 no problem but said since my wife was on a separate record she would have to pay; I reminded her she was booked in J and just because this is one class she shouldn't be penalized. I was put on hold for 5 minutes and she said ok. I then asked for seats on ARN-VIE on Niki, this went smoothly she said my Oneworld Sapphire status allowed us free seats. Finally VIE-LHR she said I have to go to BA (code share) she gave me a different BA PNR - no problem BA.com let me book the exit row.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
I booked a family trip DUS-VCE with AB for 5 people.
I am OWE , another is OWS .
I called AB they said I have no benefits, I then called BA they told me I get tp & lounge access. After reading & researching more on FT I called AB again they refused free seating .

After reading about others experiences am confused & stressed to book on AB instead of SN.

Can someone please guide me on what to expect on the ground (check -in ) & on board (on the plane) & what is a OWE entitled to across the network & in DUS & VCE.

thanx.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 3:14 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by diamantaire
I booked a family trip DUS-VCE with AB for 5 people.
I am OWE , another is OWS .
I called AB they said I have no benefits, I then called BA they told me I get tp & lounge access. After reading & researching more on FT I called AB again they refused free seating .

After reading about others experiences am confused & stressed to book on AB instead of SN.

Can someone please guide me on what to expect on the ground (check -in ) & on board (on the plane) & what is a OWE entitled to across the network & in DUS & VCE.

thanx.
Be careful, AB is code sharing with AZ on many flights to italy. No status perks on those flights for Oneworld Elites!

DUS-VCE is operated by AB. So you should get Lounge Access in DUS and VCE (OWE + one guest, OWS + one guest) so one has to stay outside (or buy an access).

The problem with the perk:
- You will get seat reservation for OWE + OWS + one guest each (so not for all the 5). Maybe that messes up the booking.
Usually the next seat to an OWE and OWS will be blocked.

Other perks:
- Priority Check in (should work)
- Fast Lane (should work as well)
- Priorty Boarding (should work as well, mostly not enforced at all.
- Extra Luggage (one piece for OWE and OWS).

Do not expect any special treating on board (as AB does it rarely to their own elites).
Old Mar 16, 2015, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by Tyrolean
Be careful, AB is code sharing with AZ on many flights to italy. No status perks on those flights for Oneworld Elites!

DUS-VCE is operated by AB. So you should get Lounge Access in DUS and VCE (OWE + one guest, OWS + one guest) so one has to stay outside (or buy an access).

The problem with the perk:
- You will get seat reservation for OWE + OWS + one guest each (so not for all the 5). Maybe that messes up the booking.
Usually the next seat to an OWE and OWS will be blocked.

Other perks:
- Priority Check in (should work)
- Fast Lane (should work as well)
- Priorty Boarding (should work as well, mostly not enforced at all.
- Extra Luggage (one piece for OWE and OWS).

Do not expect any special treating on board (as AB does it rarely to their own elites).

was scheduled to fly AB8774 on 02/04 dep 12:10 arriving 13:40
which now shows as departing 10:45 arrivng 12:15 on both AB & AZ without any mention of codesharing .

Also the return was on 06/04 AB8775 dep 14:25 arriving 16:00
which nows shows as departing 13:00 arriving 14:35 on only AB without any mention of codesharing.

Even more strange part is AB never cared to inform me I was informed by my app Blackberry Travel.

what should be the next step ?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:14 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
AB does not block adjacent seats for OWS. Was on DUS-JFK. Booked 16H since 16J is systemically blocked to begin with. 45 minutes to departure, it was assigned despite half of coach being empty and the 17HJ was available.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:13 am

The problem I believe is there is no clear outline on the benefits with OW they vary airport to airport & agent to agent.

I hope AB implements & trains their staff for providing these to the pax instead of leaving them guessing.
Will be tought for them now as they would also need to know what benefits EY FF are entitled to !!
Old Mar 21, 2015, 4:39 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by diamantaire
was scheduled to fly AB8774 on 02/04 dep 12:10 arriving 13:40
which now shows as departing 10:45 arrivng 12:15 on both AB & AZ without any mention of codesharing .

Also the return was on 06/04 AB8775 dep 14:25 arriving 16:00
which nows shows as departing 13:00 arriving 14:35 on only AB without any mention of codesharing.

Even more strange part is AB never cared to inform me I was informed by my app Blackberry Travel.

what should be the next step ?
I think that they move some flights to AZ. If you do not like the new schedule, you can probably get your money back. It is a bit strange that they would not inform you. I found that they are quite meticulous with informing. They even inform me when my itinerary is arriving earlier than expected (and apologize for this ). I always get an email per reservation. Are you certain the email is not in your spam folder? Or that the right email address is in the reservation?

(I admit, that I always book directly with AB, so this might make the meta-data available, while if your booking is third-party the record that AB sees might be incomplete. Or the duty of informing is on the third party. I have no idea. Just speculating).

According to google flights AB8774 is operated by AB though on April 6 (and marketed, so code shared with AZ). So you seem to be still on a OW flight.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by wazow
I think that they move some flights to AZ. If you do not like the new schedule, you can probably get your money back. It is a bit strange that they would not inform you. I found that they are quite meticulous with informing. They even inform me when my itinerary is arriving earlier than expected (and apologize for this ). I always get an email per reservation. Are you certain the email is not in your spam folder? Or that the right email address is in the reservation?

(I admit, that I always book directly with AB, so this might make the meta-data available, while if your booking is third-party the record that AB sees might be incomplete. Or the duty of informing is on the third party. I have no idea. Just speculating).

According to google flights AB8774 is operated by AB though on April 6 (and marketed, so code shared with AZ). So you seem to be still on a OW flight.

Had booked directly with AB , there was nothing in the spam folder.
I was informed by blackberry travel (app) . I thought there was a bug on the app. So I called up the airline & they confirmed the changed & mailed the new itinerary .

Not goin to cancel the tkt .
Old May 1, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Bummer - just saw AB cancelled our 1pm flight from TXL-CPH and put us on a flight 5 hours later; booked on an AA award ticket in J. We now have around 6 hours at TXL, if AA cannot fix this will we at least have access to a lounge?
Old May 1, 2015, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by kmandrew
Bummer - just saw AB cancelled our 1pm flight from TXL-CPH and put us on a flight 5 hours later; booked on an AA award ticket in J. We now have around 6 hours at TXL, if AA cannot fix this will we at least have access to a lounge?
You may choose between BA Galleries and AirFrance lounge, both are in the main building aka Terminal ABC outside security check. Access with boarding pass and status card.
Old May 1, 2015, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Hello! I have a specific question about OW status and the complementary car transfers for AUH flights.

On the website, it says that people "without status" get two complementary transfers from and to the airport anywhere in the UAE.

It also says that TopBonus silver, gold, and platinum members get "unlimited transfers" within the UAE.

Does anyone know whether this additional advantage is extended to OW Emerald (we are both BAEC GGL/Gold) or if it is only for TopBonus members strictly speaking and that OW Emerald are considered as "no status"?
Old May 2, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by kmandrew
vitrysk_kille is correct, although with 6 hours your time may be better spent with a quick trip into the city, as the lounges are rather small and nothing to write home about. The center of Berlin can be reached in under a half hour on the TXL bus from the airport.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:33 am

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
I'm flying out of ORY on a one-class AB flight soon.

As an Emerald, will I have lounge access of any kind? I know there's an IB/BA lounge... is it useful in this situation? Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2015, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by 1K-SFO
I'm flying out of ORY on a one-class AB flight soon.

As an Emerald, will I have lounge access of any kind? I know there's an IB/BA lounge... is it useful in this situation? Thanks!
The IB/BA lounge is located in a different terminal than the AB departures, but it is landside. Technically you can go there, although I don't think it would be very useful. ORY certainly isn't the greatest airport to fly out of on AB. Minimal facilities after security.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 8:42 am

Location: San Francisco, CA USA // UA 1K 2 Million Miler, AA EXP 2MM, HH Diamond, SPG Plat // Easily found on SFO-ORDs
Originally Posted by ZKOKA
The IB/BA lounge is located in a different terminal than the AB departures, but it is landside. Technically you can go there, although I don't think it would be very useful. ORY certainly isn't the greatest airport to fly out of on AB. Minimal facilities after security.
Thanks. Yes, ORY wasn't great for OW privileges.

However, just flew TXL-DME and was offered access to either the AF/KL or BA lounges. We walked from C to the main terminal for about a 35-minute wait. Was quite pleasant. Security and passport control for the Russia flights was easy and fast. C feels quite like a bus station but in a charming, efficient way. It didn't hurt that it was a gorgeous sunny day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.