Search

Benefits for OW emerald on AB ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2013, 5:03 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by Tyrolean
You will be allowed boarding without a luggage tag. You only need it for the cheap carry only fares (JustFly) which usually booked in Z .

Your booking Classes translate to FlyClassic (W, E, P, O, Q, N, S, V, L, M, K).
You have one additional piece of checked luggage as Emerald.

As Emerald you have access to the BA or AF Lounge in TXL. I prefer the BA Lounge - but the AF lounge has longer operation hours.

The AB homepage shows a Business Lounge for Krakow (1st floor after security).

You may have to call for a seat reservation. You get "Fast Track" printed on your BP. Usually the next seat to you will be
And I should be allowed 2 bags? - 1 allowed from the ticket max 23 kg and 1 allowed because of status max 23kg?
Old Jul 2, 2013, 6:27 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
It is quite an ordeal trying to get a seat allocated on a Niki (HG) flight as OW Emerald.

The Niki/AB site won't allow seat selection without payment, and shows most of the front rows as blocked.

The RJ website shows the same but seemingly allows seat selection for free, although I didn't try it.

The QF website seems to correctly recognise OWE status, and allowed seat selection in Row 1 and anywhere else except the exit rows, which I wanted.

Called AB in UK, gave them the reference, they said "It is a BA booking, you need to call BA". Could see I wouldn't get anywhere with them.

Then tried the Amadeus number posted in this thread, got through to a friendly agent who opened up my booking, and when I asked about free seating for OWE they seemingly had never heard of this term, only TopBonus, and was insistent on charging for the seats, and couldn't do exit row.
I persisted, and they put me on hold to speak to someone in TopBonus, then came back and now asked for my OWE details which they entered and stated I could get free normal seating but a paid discounted XL seating or exit row.
I said to please check if I could get the exit row, then a minute later the agent said "Oh thats strange, you can get free exit row. You are now in seats X and Y".
I checked later, and the seats were not showing as allocated on the AB site or ExpertFlyer, so I opened the booking up on Qantas.com, and now ONLY that exit row was showing as available to book, all other rows blocked, so selected the seats and now ExpertFlyer is showing them as taken.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 6:46 am

Hmm OLCI and it didn't put my BA status at all into it even though I typed it in. Guess I need to reprint at the airport.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 7:14 am

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by nux
I checked later, and the seats were not showing as allocated on the AB site or ExpertFlyer, so I opened the booking up on Qantas.com, and now ONLY that exit row was showing as available to book, all other rows blocked, so selected the seats and now ExpertFlyer is showing them as taken.
There is a post in the seat selection thread about a command that can be run to enable XL seating selection on your reservation, but it blocks all normal (non-XL) options. Sounds like that's what happened in your case.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by fqtv_kraven
I read the crew instructions to handle an OW Emerald on board on HG flights

You are entitled to get:
- Free premium menu
- Free unlimited booze

They also have to greet you by your name and offer you a lot of amenities.
Really? will report back when I finish my trip.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 4:14 am

Wirelessly posted (Android: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.34 Safari/534.24)

Well my flight krk-txl was fine. No mention from the crew about my ow emerald or anything but overall the flight was good.
I have my txl-krk flight today.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 4:03 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
In Nuremberg I had to fight as h*** the other day to get my extra baggage allowance. I spent maybe 20 minutes arguing with two check in agents, which both denied there was any such benefits to OW Emerald, I tried to explain them the benefits a dozen times, and what the green colour mean, etc. After some phone calls and a talk with the manager the issue was sorted out, but without any apology, and my baggage got lost for two days upon arrival to Oslo, haha.

BTW - anyone knows if AB have IT issues these days? Seems to be a problem getting correct OW status on the boarding passes.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by skrosvik
In Nuremberg I had to fight as h*** the other day to get my extra baggage allowance. I spent maybe 20 minutes arguing with two check in agents, which both denied there was any such benefits to OW Emerald, I tried to explain them the benefits a dozen times, and what the green colour mean, etc. After some phone calls and a talk with the manager the issue was sorted out, but without any apology, and my baggage got lost for two days upon arrival to Oslo, haha.

BTW - anyone knows if AB have IT issues these days? Seems to be a problem getting correct OW status on the boarding passes.
I don't know. On my BP there was no mention of my BA number or my status (in regards as OW E or Emerald or something) but it did print the fast check and pre board on it.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 2:32 pm
Suspended

Just to report back.

On NIKI they do not offer oneworld emerald:

- Free premium menu
- Free unlimited booze

This is from my three sectors intra european flights.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
I went to look at a TXL-KRK one way ticket for July. AB site said 97 pounds, ok, went to AA site it said $241. Is this a common thing, should I only book on the AB site or does AA eventually match?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by kmandrew
I went to look at a TXL-KRK one way ticket for July. AB site said 97 pounds, ok, went to AA site it said $241. Is this a common thing, should I only book on the AB site or does AA eventually match?
The two sites are looking in different fare buckets; AA is pulling up Q by default, whereas the AB site is offering P availability. If you want to book through aa.com, a call to AA web services may be in order to see if they can switch buckets or not.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Old thread....

I was trying to book an exit row seat on in intra EU flight on AB. I am EXP (ie emerald)

Two different phone agents refused, saying "only our own platinums get that for free, you pay 20 euros".

The oneworld benefit I received says
You're also entitled to the same priority check-in and preferred seating privileges that the carrier your are traveling with offers to its Emerald status customers.
Seems like AA and oneworld and AB are a bit out of alignment here, no?
Old Feb 11, 2014, 8:56 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Old thread....

I was trying to book an exit row seat on in intra EU flight on AB. I am EXP (ie emerald)

Two different phone agents refused, saying "only our own platinums get that for free, you pay 20 euros".

The oneworld benefit I received says

Seems like AA and oneworld and AB are a bit out of alignment here, no?
Try the AB oneworld line, or otherwise just ask the agent to re-enter your FF number and try for seat allocation.

My last experience was that the AB agent stated I would have to pay, but when I said 'ok could you see how much it would be with the FF number currently entered' they surprisingly said 'oh, it appears it is free for you'.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by nux
Try the AB oneworld line, or otherwise just ask the agent to re-enter your FF number and try for seat allocation.

My last experience was that the AB agent stated I would have to pay, but when I said 'ok could you see how much it would be with the FF number currently entered' they surprisingly said 'oh, it appears it is free for you'.
Interesting..they could see my status, but maybe asking them to re-enter will result in a diffrent outcome.

3 flights next week on them (plus 4 on AA and a real treat on GermanWings) so I will give it a try.

thx
Old Feb 14, 2014, 9:02 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat
Interesting..they could see my status, but maybe asking them to re-enter will result in a diffrent outcome.

3 flights next week on them (plus 4 on AA and a real treat on GermanWings) so I will give it a try.

thx
They may still insist you pay to select seats, however if you ask them to select seats the computer should show it is free.

There is also a special command the AB agent needs to enter on their computer to allow allocation of XL seats (exit row), search back in this thread for it.

Also try just using Qantas.com or Royal Jordanian to open the booking, you may be able to select seats that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.