Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 12, 2014, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hillrider
As of 9 May 2014, The last Airbus A330-200 has recently being fitted with airberlin’s all-new Business Class. This means that airberlin is now the only German airline with complete horizontal FullFlat seats on every Business Class long-haul flight. Thanks to the mainly single-seat arrangement guests can enjoy even more privacy and access to the aisle from any seat. Gourmet menus and premium wines from Sansibar round off a premium travel experience. Source
Print Wikipost

New new J coming to airberlin

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 6:28 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
seems they upgraded D-ALPB to the new C-Class and they are on track to upgrade the remaining 5 A332 over the winter. I booked TXL-ORD-TXL in C-Class in April 2014 - so please donīt dissapoint me!
I have no clue if the All-Eco A332 will be converted too.
Old Nov 29, 2013, 2:49 pm

i booked TATL (DUS-MIA) AB via AA Advantage miles, and got an email that my itinerary (summer 2014) had changed. Only change: new J seat map. This adds credibility to the above story that AB expects all 332s to have new J next year.

Last edited by Zaynab; Dec 2, 2013 at 1:12 pm Reason: Typo
Old Dec 1, 2013, 11:46 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
I can also report, that for my flights TXL-ORD-TXL in April 2014 the seatmaps for both flights now changed to the new layout. ^
Old Dec 9, 2013, 4:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Is there a way of seeing the seatmap for an aircraft?
Flying TXL-JFK this Sunday and when I originally booked in J a few months ago, it had the staggered seating plan i.e. 1a window, 2b aisle, 3a window etc.
Still down for the seat I chose but can't get a seatmap through the AB website or any other I've tried.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, BA EC Gold, TK Elite, KL Silver
Originally Posted by xenole
Is there a way of seeing the seatmap for an aircraft?
Flying TXL-JFK this Sunday and when I originally booked in J a few months ago, it had the staggered seating plan i.e. 1a window, 2b aisle, 3a window etc.
Still down for the seat I chose but can't get a seatmap through the AB website or any other I've tried.
You mean a general seatmap or the one for your specific flight which shows which seats are taken etc.? A general one can be found here:
http://www.airberlin.com/de-DE/site/...200_1&LANG=deu
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
One for my specific flight.
There is one cabin layout of 2-2-2 and the other is 1-2-1. Hoping for the 1-2-1 layout.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by xenole
One for my specific flight.
There is one cabin layout of 2-2-2 and the other is 1-2-1. Hoping for the 1-2-1 layout.
EF still has the 1-2-1 layout listed for this flight.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Zaynab
i booked TATL (DUS-MIA) AB via AA Advantage miles, and got an email that my itinerary (summer 2014) had changed. Only change: new J seat map. This adds credibility to the above story that AB expects all 332s to have new J next year.
Can you please tell what is the date of your flight?
I ask because I have also booked using AA miles, in early June, from Ft.Myers to DUS but I have not received such an email.
Thanks.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:15 pm

If I fly into Berlin on air berlin business class and connect to air berlin to moscow (they have no business cabin on the latter flight) can i access the business class lounge on arrival? as I wait for the moscow flight
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by CLTF
If I fly into Berlin on air berlin business class and connect to air berlin to moscow (they have no business cabin on the latter flight) can i access the business class lounge on arrival? as I wait for the moscow flight
Where are you connecting from? Assuming it's the US, the oneworld lounge access policy states that you should be able to access the BA Terraces lounge:

Connecting between oneworld marketed and operated flights:
  • First and Business Class customers connecting on the same day of travel, or before 6am the following day, can access the lounge when travelling between an international long haul (a oneworld international long haul flight is defined as an international flight marketed and operated by any oneworld carrier with a scheduled flight time longer than 5 hours) and an international short haul or domestic flight (and vice-versa).
  • Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
  • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass or itinerary showing travel in First or Business class on the international long haul flight, in order to access the lounge before your international short haul or domestic flight.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by gkl
I can also report, that for my flights TXL-ORD-TXL in April 2014 the seatmaps for both flights now changed to the new layout. ^
http://www.airberlin.com/site/landin...d.php?LANG=deu

Looks like the flights to Chicago are already running with the new new J! Hope my flight next week has it...
Old Dec 18, 2013, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Exclamation

Something really weird happened today...

My LAX-DUS flight went from the old configuration to a new configuration today.

However, I noticed they moved me to another seat. I initially had chosen 3A, in anticipation of aircraft swap to the new configuration so I would have the window seat. This is the usual A332 seat map with the new J cabin:

As you can see, 3A is the window seat.

However, the new LAX-DUS seat map shows that 3A no longer exists. Instead, 2A is the new window seat. The new seat map looks something like this:

Is this most likely an error? Why would they switch the configuration on the LAX plane only? That doesn't make sense...
Old Dec 19, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
What is weird when I called Air Berlin to reserve seats on my ORD-TXL flight on May 13 I was told it was the new J configurations. When I go to Air Berlin's website and book that flight when I get to the choose seat page it shows a normal 6 across configuration.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 3:05 am

My flight to RSW in March also changed to the new layout. Sweet!
Old Dec 20, 2013, 1:24 pm
gkl

Originally Posted by holocker
What is weird when I called Air Berlin to reserve seats on my ORD-TXL flight on May 13 I was told it was the new J configurations. When I go to Air Berlin's website and book that flight when I get to the choose seat page it shows a normal 6 across configuration.
I see the new configuration for your date.

@Blissworld: Maybe they realized that they can get now 3 real window seats on the left side, which I suppose is better than the aisle seats where you can get more easily bumped into.
Unfortunately this would make plane swaps for the ground staff a bit more complicated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.