Search

Topbonus/Etihad

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Topbonus
Topbonus/Etihad

Hello,
just got my new Topbonus Platinum Card, valid 12/2018.Topbonus is owned by Etihad and run by Etihad Airways. I have on my account 111.000 Miles.
After the bancrupcy of Airberlin can 50.000 Miles bring me a voucher of a car rental company with 100 Euro value:
This is a joke....
Miles can now be used for some Economy flights with Etihad booked until 18. November 2017, for example, Germany-Thailand and return 70.000 Miles, plus Cash payment 490 Euro.
The total fare for, by example, DUS-BKK-DUS on 5.12.-12.12.2017 with Etihad is just 498 Euro!!!! So we have to pay the full ticket price in cash plus 70.000 Miles! This is also a joke!

Anyway, I am never ever flying longhaul in Economy class.
Why You dont offer business class flights for our miles with fair conditions?
You offer access to first class lounges for Platinum Members, except in Abu Dhabi. But You and Your Etihad partners have no First Class lounges in other airports! Are You joking with us?
The brochure of Topbonus, that I got on 24.10.2017 together with my new Platrinum Card shows that First Class lounge entry is permitted with one guest, so in my eyes this is fraud.

Obviously, You think that we are not intelligent, but Your managers believe that they are very smart?
You can be sure, that all of us frequent flyers will leave the Topbonus program as fast as we can.
We will also remember this and avoid to fly with Etihad Airways in the future.
I always loved to fly with Etihad in Business Class, but Your mileage program is one of the worst in the world, a Business flight DUS-BKK-DUS costs 260.000!!!!!!! Miles plus 600 Euro Cash. The ticket costs normally around 2000 Euro, 1000 Miles have a worth of only 5,38 Euro.
You sell 1000 Miles for 20 USD Cash. The price for the flight with purchased miles would be 5200 USD plus 600 Euro Cash. All this is unfair and not logical at all.

I trusted Etihad Airways published promises to keep Airberlin afloat until the end of 2018, I booked 2 Businessclass return flights Germany-Cuba-Germany with Airberlin in November and March, and Economy DUS-TLX-DUS, all flights are cancelled without refund.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Just in case it's not clear - and also in case this isn't just a repost of something sent via official channels - nobody from tobponus, airberlin or Etihad monitors these threads, so nobody from any of these companies is likely to even read that, let alone reply to you.

When an airline fails it is customary for the miles to immediately disappear - so at least in the present case there was some attempt to allow customers to spend some miles before they truly become worthless. That said, the options for doing so are indeed not all that appealing.

As regards your two cancelled flights, and on the assumption that you booked both prior to August 15th, you should contact your credit card issuer to instigate a refund (and I hope you paid by credit card!).
Old Oct 27, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
i just got an email from topbonus, stating that the program will continue

We would hereby both like to inform you that topbonus Ltd. and the loyalty program are here to stay.
Even if airberlin ceases to operate today, as a topbonus member, you are still able to earn and redeem miles with Etihad Airways. Furthermore, you will also be able to continue to earn miles with our active partners on the ground and redeem them at the topbonus Pop-up Shop for rewards. Status benefits will remain valid in the global network of Etihad Airways partners.
Find all current information on our topbonus website and the FAQs. We are working on restructuring topbonus Ltd. and expanding the options for earning miles and redeeming rewards. We will keep you updated about our progress – this we promise.
Sincerely
Christian Otto Anton Lill
Preliminary Insolvency Administrator Managing Director

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.