Search

Enjoy Iberia Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2017, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AB topbonus Gold, IB+
Enjoy Iberia Status Match

Hi,

Iberia is offering status match from airberlin topbonus. The webpage is only in Spanish and German http://www.iberia.com/de/iberia-plus-tier-match/ but here you can find a post explained in English https://thepointsguy.com/2017/10/ibe...ch-air-berlin/

Status match is only offered to Iberia Plata and Oro, so topbonus platinum is matched to Iberia Oro.

Update: Additionaly to the status match, Iberia is giving 1000 Avios for new registrations if you have been recommended by another customer. 1000 for you and 1000 for the referrer. Anyone interested I can tell you my IB plus number by PM.
moeser and Kevin Wood like this.

Last edited by spanishflyer; Oct 15, 2017 at 7:03 am
Old Oct 15, 2017, 8:05 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A gold, Skyteam elite plus, Hilton gold, SPG gold
do you know how long the process take?
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RolfD
It does not say how long, just says in a few days. I will inform here when I get the status match.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by RolfD
Im sure it will take time as the bloggers got ahold of it they Will be inundated with match requests it will be intresting to see what the validity of the status will be
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by kauppias
Im sure it will take time as the bloggers got ahold of it they Will be inundated with match requests it will be intresting to see what the validity of the status will be
This.
I did try the other day the notorious china southern match but they did not even bother replying and I did not waste time in searching back.
I suspect Iberia will be, in fact, "inundated" is a good word
Old Oct 15, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
This.
I did try the other day the notorious china southern match but they did not even bother replying and I did not waste time in searching back.
I suspect Iberia will be, in fact, "inundated" is a good word
I did the CZ thing as well even though I have not even looked at ST in over 5 years I am considering doing a DL Challenge in the summer just for sport

Just remember back to the AZ match the first few hubdred got it fast after that IT took a long time as they got so Many requests. Lets just hope they do actually end up doing matches and dont just pull the offer

I passed on this one as just not worth it for me but this is a VERY generous offer in My opinion!
Old Oct 16, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
I have lost my actual physical Air Berlin Card. Do you think they will accept a few screenshots of my Gold status from the app with the completed form?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tomparskate
I have lost my actual physical Air Berlin Card. Do you think they will accept a few screenshots of my Gold status from the app with the completed form?
I never got my gold card so I had to send some screenshots. Let's see, I think there will not be any problem.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
How long does the status match last for?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by tomparskate
How long does the status match last for?
No information on that on the match page so we will have to wait until The first matches are done but I would assume a minimum of 12months.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Deleted.

Last edited by SK2751; Oct 16, 2017 at 2:23 pm
Old Oct 16, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
sent my request, but receive no confirmation back. Not looking too good, but at least I will get AY Ruby status as back up
Old Oct 16, 2017, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by Jma12
sent my request, but receive no confirmation back. Not looking too good, but at least I will get AY Ruby status as back up
When did you send your request in? Its only been live for a few days so I would not lose hope yet. Patience is key in these offers as Im sure there are thousands of requests that have been sent in, and most like 1-2 people proessing them whike still working there normsl job too...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I have applied yesterday night, no email. I was (naively?) assuming that the response was automatic. and then processing would be slow.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 12:29 am

Originally Posted by SK2751
I have applied yesterday night, no email. I was (naively?) assuming that the response was automatic. and then processing would be slow.
After going through the semi famous MilleMiglia match 😀 I now allways assume the worst 😀 though I skipped this match alltogether. There is also the RJ mstch going on for those who can fly with RJ metal (requires one flight before match becomes effective) and they seem to match to Emerald as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.