Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Enjoy Iberia Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
A very quiet thread... Seems not many succesful matches yet?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
I’ve not heard back from them yet...
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AB topbonus Gold, IB+
I've not heard back from them yet either, but as I am already IB+ member I do not expect the match...
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:14 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by spanishflyer
I've not heard back from them yet either, but as I am already IB+ member I do not expect the match...
The people I helped do the match were true new members BUT they joined online then sebt in the pdf form and card copies so IM not so sure they will get it either... 👎👎 not very clear instructions!!

What worries me is I have NOT seen a single match approval on FT only "one" on statusmatcher and I dont place alot of faith on that site none of the blogs are reporting success stories either....

It looks like they will move away from Oneworld after this debacle.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 5:00 am

Got Gold Tier

I submitted the request on 15th, and today I got reply

Concerning your registration in our Iberia Plus Programme on October 15th, 2017. We inform you that we have proceeded as showed below:

Your Iberia Plus card level is Gold up to April 2019.

The welcome Avios will arrive by December in your personal account as well as the person who recommended you the program.

We inform you that any communication must be sent in Spanish or English.

We remind you that in www.iberia.com you will find all the information related to the Programme: card benefits, especial offersż

Your assistance allows us to improve our service. We hope we continue to enjoy your trust.

Iberia Plus Customer Service

However, the website shows I am still a classic member...
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:56 am

Has anyone seen any matches from Iberia, Finnair of even British Airways yet??
Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by tomparskate
Has anyone seen any matches from Iberia, Finnair of even British Airways yet??
AY matches have been well publisized... Silver match and a gold fast track offer after 40k points have been earned.

The ba match is limited to DE residebts as mentiobed in that thread. ONLY match report for IB I have seen is on status matcher so not looking good... But these take time...
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by JerryII
I submitted the request on 15th, and today I got reply

Concerning your registration in our Iberia Plus Programme on October 15th, 2017. We inform you that we have proceeded as showed below:

However, the website shows I am still a classic member...
Were you already an Iberia Plus member, or did you sign up as a newcomer?

I have been studying the whole thing in detail in German, including the form to be completed, and I have concluded it is definitely for new member sign ups. Seems counter productive to not offer it to existing members.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:49 pm

I signed up just to get an IB number to do the status match. Will I still be able to get matched!

litetally submitted the form minutes after I had signed up
Old Oct 22, 2017, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
You might find the Iberia Plus programme quite good, there are often offers where you can obtain Avios at low cost, such as regular deals from Groupon Spain and Avis car rental.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Were you already an Iberia Plus member, or did you sign up as a newcomer?

I have been studying the whole thing in detail in German, including the form to be completed, and I have concluded it is definitely for new member sign ups. Seems counter productive to not offer it to existing members.
I signed in the same day I sent the request
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:07 am

I helped three people apply for The Iberia Match.

1. On oct 13
2. On oct 19
3. On oct 20

1&2 still pending no reply but number three received match today to gold 👍👍 still confused as to why in this order unless they are goin alphabetically?
So some success

Not DE resident for what its worth. They will actually crefit their ow flights to IB so a good match
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AB Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
I helped three people apply for The Iberia Match.

1. On oct 13
2. On oct 19
3. On oct 20

1&2 still pending no reply but number three received match today to gold 👍👍 still confused as to why in this order unless they are goin alphabetically?
So some success

Not DE resident for what its worth. They will actually crefit their ow flights to IB so a good match
First time, long time...really appreciate all the insights here, has really helped me through my travels through the years. Also, I'm in the AB boat so have been following these threads very closely.

Any event, I also sent my request on the 15th (without signing up for IB+ beforehand) without a response from IB up to this point. And, I actually went and booked some IB flights for next week (past the 28th) in Y class, so would really enjoy having conintued status for those flights (and of course future flights as well).

Given this, I've been considering enrolling into the program and sending a follow-up email with this and kindly letting them know of my urgency. Although my fear in doing this is for them to come back and tell me I already registered and not eligible...

That said, any advice if I should sign-up for the program and send them a follow-up? Or just send them a follow-up just letting them know of my urgency? Or should I just suck-it-up and not send anything and just be patient. Any thoughts from those successful thus far would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by zendzero2
First time, long time...really appreciate all the insights here, has really helped me through my travels through the years. Also, I'm in the AB boat so have been following these threads very closely.

Any event, I also sent my request on the 15th (without signing up for IB+ beforehand) without a response from IB up to this point. And, I actually went and booked some IB flights for next week (past the 28th) in Y class, so would really enjoy having conintued status for those flights (and of course future flights as well).

Given this, I've been considering enrolling into the program and sending a follow-up email with this and kindly letting them know of my urgency. Although my fear in doing this is for them to come back and tell me I already registered and not eligible...

That said, any advice if I should sign-up for the program and send them a follow-up? Or just send them a follow-up just letting them know of my urgency? Or should I just suck-it-up and not send anything and just be patient. Any thoughts from those successful thus far would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again!

Honestly I don't think follow up emails will help, these things take time my working theory is they are processing these matches in alphabetical order since clearly they are NOT going in application order
Old Oct 24, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AB Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Thanks! Really appreciate the response!! Just out of curiosity, for the ones you're helping with and the one you have been successful with (very kind of you), did you have them sign-up for accounts before sending, or no?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.