Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Finnair (AY) matching AB and LH elites (sort of)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair (AY) matching AB and LH elites (sort of)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Using the email mentioned in the article above, I received a reply they couldn't assist with this request.
I'm assuming they didn't indicate that it was for lack of a German residence, or for some other reason?

Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I'm assuming they didn't indicate that it was for lack of a German residence, or for some other reason?

Thanks!
They just stated they were the reservations department and could not assist with FB matters.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28

Thanks!
Received information that they do not have a promotion:

Thank you very much for your message dated 4 October 2017.

Please note that, in accordance with the Flying Blue Terms and Conditions, it is not possible to merge accounts of different loyalty programmes. Currently we do not have any status match campaign active therefore we are unable to satisfy your request.

Should you require any further information, your Flying Blue team remains at your disposal by telephone at 0900 040 02 52 from the Netherlands.

We thank you for your continued loyalty to the Flying Blue programme.

Your Flying Blue team
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by tsolaaa
So I ended up forwarding my initial request that I sent to [email protected] to [email protected] and [email protected]
and suddenly today my account has been upgraded to Silver.

No confirmation via email though.
Thank you! Just forward my email today, I will see how it goes
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Mrs Yorkieflyer today got email confirming status match from AB to Finnair Silver. Not sure how long it is for, guess we'll have to wait to see a physical card
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
Anyone already make it to Gold with the challenge? If so, did you get the 4 upgrade vouchers?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
still no good news for me...
Old Oct 11, 2017, 7:28 am

Just received my e-mail today for the upgrade! Thank you @tsolaaa for the email address!!
Old Oct 15, 2017, 7:03 am

The status match seems to be back:

https://www.finnair.com/de/de/finnair-plus-tier-match
https://www.finnair.com/de/gb/finnair-plus-tier-match
Old Oct 17, 2017, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by GUWonder
At some point, after AB ends up out of Oneworld, one way or the other, I anticipate that BA will.
AY, BA, IB and RJ are in on the status match/fast track action for at least some AB elites.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Not much of a match from BA - all you get is bronze (OWR) no matter if you were Gold or Plat with AB.

https://www.britishairways.com/de-de...offer#search-1

"British Airways is offering airberlin topbonus members who are equivalent to oneworld Ruby tier status or above the opportunity to join the BA Executive Club as a Bronze Member. In addition, if you take 4 flights with us before the 31 December 2017 we will also credit your account with 9,000 bonus Avios – enough for a return reward flight from Germany to London.)

(existing BAEC members also qualify)

RJ is interesting, they seem to match ALL OW elites, but you need to fly with them before the match goes thru https://www.rj.com/en/Royal-Plus/RJA-Status-Match

Provides a booking and a ticket on Royal Jordanian; noting that the card upgrade and benefits would only be activated after the first trip with RJ.
Status match will be granted once only for the same member.

IB is straightforward

AY is in between - all LH and AB elites get OWR straight away, but OWS is a challenge, not a match.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Not much of a match from BA - all you get is bronze (OWR) no matter if you were Gold or Plat with AB.

https://www.britishairways.com/de-de...offer#search-1

"British Airways is offering airberlin topbonus members who are equivalent to oneworld Ruby tier status or above the opportunity to join the BA Executive Club as a Bronze Member. In addition, if you take 4 flights with us before the 31 December 2017 we will also credit your account with 9,000 bonus Avios – enough for a return reward flight from Germany to London.)

(existing BAEC members also qualify)

RJ is interesting, they seem to match ALL OW elites, but you need to fly with them before the match goes thru https://www.rj.com/en/Royal-Plus/RJA-Status-Match

Provides a booking and a ticket on Royal Jordanian; noting that the card upgrade and benefits would only be activated after the first trip with RJ.
Status match will be granted once only for the same member.

IB is straightforward

AY is in between - all LH and AB elites get OWR straight away, but OWS is a challenge, not a match.

IB seems to only be matching those with new accounts...
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
How long has it taken to get matched? I applied yesterday
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
Mrs Yorkieflyer today got email confirming status match from AB to Finnair Silver. Not sure how long it is for, guess we'll have to wait to see a physical card
Request for Silver tier submitted September 14
Email received from FinnAir indicating matched to Silver Sept 23
Physical card arrived today (Oct 24) with expiration date of November 2018
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:44 pm

Received my card today in the mail for the Silver card, valid until end of next year! Too bad there are no lounge access in HEL!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.