Search

Connection at TXL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: CM Plat (*G), AB Plat (OWE)
Connection at TXL

Hey guys!
I'm flying from ZRH to KRK via TXL on AB.
I've seen that AB operates out of different terminals. Are they connected airside or do I have to reclear security? My connection time is 50mins :/

Cheers!
Old Jul 10, 2017, 4:37 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
ZRH flights arrive almost invariably at A gates and KRK departs almost invariably from C gates.

So you will have to clear security at C which is about a five minute walk (landside) from A.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: CM Plat (*G), AB Plat (OWE)
Thanks for your insight
Old Jul 10, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: SK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland
ZRH flights arrive almost invariably at A gates and KRK departs almost invariably from C gates.

So you will have to clear security at C which is about a five minute walk (landside) from A.
Invariably? I'd say they actually very variably arrive either at A or C gates. If you arrive at Terminal C, you should be able to remain airside by following the Transfer signs.

You can immediately tell which one it is because A is the only terminal that has jet bridges. If you have to take a bus, it's C.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 2:50 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
The only invariably is that the flight will not be landing at BER.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Not meaning to hijack this thread, but I also have a connection in TXL from SFO and was wondering if there is a place to shower in TXL?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:00 am

Afraid none of the lounges at TXL has showers.

I do seem to recall having seen a sign for paid public showers downstairs in the main area of Terminal A, which would be one level below the BA lounge and two levels below the AF lounge (used by AB).

I am assuming that if you are arriving from SFO you will be on AB.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:15 am

As AlienInTheFatherland wrote, there are showers downstairs in the main area of Terminal A. You will be arriving at Terminal C, so you'll have to come landside and re-clear security (but I'm not sure that's avoidable when you arrive from non-Schengen anyway).

I've only walked past them and never used them, but I think they're not terribly expensive (around €5).
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by waffle
As AlienInTheFatherland wrote, there are showers downstairs in the main area of Terminal A. You will be arriving at Terminal C, so you'll have to come landside and re-clear security (but I'm not sure that's avoidable when you arrive from non-Schengen anyway).

I've only walked past them and never used them, but I think they're not terribly expensive (around €5).
anyone know the cleanliness of these? Also, does ANY airline operate a lounge where there are showers?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Also, does ANY airline operate a lounge where there are showers?
In TXL? No.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 12:26 am

Also, does ANY airline operate a lounge where there are showers?
I know of at least two lounges at TXL that don't even have toilets!
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:00 am
Suspended

im continuing onto Munich. I don't suppose AB has any arrival lounge affiliates there? I'm also a Priority Pass holder.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:27 am

im continuing onto Munich. I don't suppose AB has any arrival lounge affiliates there? I'm also a Priority Pass holder.
No arrivals lounge at MUC. There is a PP lounge at TXL very well concealed at the back of the main building where the baggage tracing office is.

Alas, this is one of the lounges that has no showers and I'm pretty sure no toilets either!

TXL was configured and built to handle point-to-point travellers during the time that West Berlin was an enclave - no intercontinental travel, nobody making a connection and therefore no need for such facilities.

Of course this will improve significantly when BER opens - although I know I am not alone in thinking/wishing this won't happen in the near future!
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I believe I know at least three such ...
Old Jul 13, 2017, 1:58 pm

Just been on an extended wait at TXL tonight for a delayed LHR flight. Had to go down to the dungeons below the BA lounge to the loo because Starbucks was shut. Locals will understand..

It seems to me that the public shower facilities might have benn curtailed. No more signage.

Just for infornation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.