Search

Lounge access at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, AS MVP Gold 75K
Lounge access at SFO

Hi all,

I will be flying AB SFO-DUS in J early next month. Flight departs 8:15 p.m.

It appears I will have access to the Air France and British Airways lounges at SFO, as AF is a designated partner, and BA/AB are both in oneworld. Has anyone visited either lounge around 6 p.m.? How do the amenities compare?

Thanks!
Old May 1, 2017, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi cactusfan,

The BA lounge is fairly small but adequate and has sandwiches and snacks and alcohol.

I suspect that at about 6pm the lounge will be getting very busy as the 1930 BA flight is an A380 on some days and the lounge was not designed for that many people.

You may get asked to to the AF lounge anyway ( capacity issues) but the AF lounge is likely to be quieter anyway.

The SFO BA lounge is due to be expanded but there is no timescale.

Regards

TBS

PS There is also the Cathay Pacific lounge in the terminal ( which as an AA Exec Plat you should be able to get in) but from;

https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/SFO/-1

It does not look like it is open at that time
Old May 1, 2017, 3:43 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Given that the other OW lounges are closed (CX opens after 9 pm/ JL closes by 3 pm), you're left with the BA lounge which isn't worth writing home about. They have drinks and snacks, but that's about it.

Be aware that status and premium passengers on the BA afternoon flight usually board from the lounge making it quite noisy. With the A380 flight in the evening it gets rather busy as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.