EU 261/2004 Compensation with AirBerlin

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 27, 17, 5:38 am   -   Wikipost
FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: EU 261/2004 Compensation with AirBerlin
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: seawolf
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Jun 29, 17, 11:07 am
  #91
formerly wazow
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Programs: SK EBD (*G), AB Plat (OWE)
Posts: 1,740
I had a reasonable experience recently. First, completely canned email showing no understanding of what I wrote. After a complaint, a very quick payout. No vouchers talk.
SK2751 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 17, 12:26 pm
  #92
 
Wozza2404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: BHX
Programs: BA GGL, AZ FA+, TK Elite, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card
Posts: 5,691
Complained online via the web form. Got a response in about ten days asking for my bank details. Paid out 5 days later. No issues at all.
Wozza2404 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 17, 3:31 pm
  #93
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 32
Originally Posted by Wozza2404 View Post
Complained online via the web form. Got a response in about ten days asking for my bank details. Paid out 5 days later. No issues at all.
Can you please provide a link to the form? Need to submit a claim for a party of 9 that reached our final destination >6 hours late, but cannot find the form anywhere, which I assume they do on purpose. Thanks!
Aknoff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 17, 4:08 am
  #94
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: MUC
Programs: LH FTL, UA Premier, AF Gold
Posts: 469
https://www.airberlin.com/en/feedback/complaint
TT-Jones is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 17, 5:08 pm
  #95
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3
hello!
can someone help me with my compensation?
im not sure if i can claim full 600 or not
so me and my family was flying from GOT to HCM but the flight to TXL was delayed by 2.5h which made us miss our connecting flight to AUH
we also landed in SXF because TXL closed at 10pm
in GOT they said we'd be assisted upon arrival but when we arrived no one was there and we were advised to check in at a hotel and then in the morning go to TXL
long story short we landed in HCM 16h later than planned

how much should i be asking for? 400 or 600 ?

thank you!
kossamu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 17, 5:18 pm
  #96
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: DCA
Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Posts: 31,917
Presuming that by "connecting" you mean that you were each traveling on a single ticket GOT-AUH with intervening connections and that you arrived at AUH 4 or more hours later than originally scheduled, you are each due EUR 600. You did not provide the delay time at AUH, so it is impossible to give you an accurate answer.

In addition, presuming that it was AB that delayed you, you are entitled to have the reasonable costs of your hotel, food, and local transportation reimbursed.
Often1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 17, 5:04 pm
  #97
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
Presuming that by "connecting" you mean that you were each traveling on a single ticket GOT-AUH with intervening connections and that you arrived at AUH 4 or more hours later than originally scheduled, you are each due EUR 600. You did not provide the delay time at AUH, so it is impossible to give you an accurate answer.

In addition, presuming that it was AB that delayed you, you are entitled to have the reasonable costs of your hotel, food, and local transportation reimbursed.
​​​​​​
yes it was a single ticket GOT-HCM with intervening connection in Berlin and AUH, sorry for not being clear. Didn't quite know how to explain and thank you so much for answering!
kossamu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 17, 1:41 am
  #98
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: TXL
Programs: AB, EY, TK Gold
Posts: 58
Originally Posted by kossamu View Post
hello!
can someone help me with my compensation?
im not sure if i can claim full 600 or not
so me and my family was flying from GOT to HCM but the flight to TXL was delayed by 2.5h which made us miss our connecting flight to AUH
we also landed in SXF because TXL closed at 10pm
in GOT they said we'd be assisted upon arrival but when we arrived no one was there and we were advised to check in at a hotel and then in the morning go to TXL
long story short we landed in HCM 16h later than planned

how much should i be asking for? 400 or 600 ?

thank you!
im living in Berlin, we had 3 very stormy and rainy days, with official warnings and stuff.
Few flights were redirected, in this case you shouldn't be able to claim anything.
PatongPilot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 17, 8:00 am
  #99
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by PatongPilot View Post
im living in Berlin, we had 3 very stormy and rainy days, with official warnings and stuff.
Few flights were redirected, in this case you shouldn't be able to claim anything.
the weather was fine when we arrived, i flew on 26/6 2017
looking at pass weather reports that day seemed fine
i think i'll be able to claim it
kossamu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 17, 6:33 pm
  #100
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: TXL
Programs: AB, EY, TK Gold
Posts: 58
Give it a try, just don't be to disappointed if it was due to the weather
PatongPilot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 17, 5:48 am
  #101
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PVG, FRA, SEA, HEL
Programs: UA Premier Gold
Posts: 2,748
Give it a try, just don't be to disappointed if it was due to the weather
An excuse that a flight was cancelled/delayed because of weather is not enough for the airline to not pay EC261/2004 compensation.
Sometimes airlines also lie.
I would not resign if you get a BS response by AB because of the weather.
warakorn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 17, 5:50 am
  #102
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Berlin, Germany; Surrey, UK; and SW Florida
Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 18,117
Originally Posted by warakorn View Post
An excuse that a flight was cancelled/delayed because of weather is not enough for the airline to not pay EC261/2004 compensation.
Of course it is. If the weather is indeed catastrophic, then there is no EC261 payout. Sometimes airlines claim weather when indeed the weather was fine, but that's not what you are saying.
LondonElite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 17, 9:29 am
  #103
 
seaskybound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: LHR GVA HKG TLV PVG JFK
Programs: AA
Posts: 2,718
Flight SFO-TXL-TLV all on one ticket. SFO-TXL flight delayed by an hour so missed morning flight to TLV and delayed 12+ hrs on arrival.

I do not know the official reason the flight left SFO 1h15 late, but the incoming flight to SFO left TXL 1h23 min late (arriving 1h14 min late)

How do I find out the reason it left TXL late? and does it matter?
seaskybound is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 17, 10:19 am
  #104
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Berlin, Germany; Surrey, UK; and SW Florida
Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 18,117
Yes, it matters. You can try to find out from various resources, but equally you may just submit your claim. This may be interesting as EC261 does not explicitly contemplate a situation where the flight doesn't beginner end in the EU, on a community carrier.
LondonElite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 17, 1:46 pm
  #105
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: HEL
Programs: AY+
Posts: 5
I was positively surprised by AB and EU compensations. I had missed my connecting flight at Tegel and had to spend the night at a hotel in Berlin. This didn't cause any disruptions as I had nothing scheduled for the following day and they pilots had told the first flight was delayed due to weather, so I was just trying to claim the taxi expenses via the complaint form like I had been instructed to do (no hinting in the complaint that I'm also after the EU compensation). They surprised me by offering the 250€ compensation + taxi or a 350€ voucher + taxi.
kartos is offline  
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:58 am.

Home - News - Forum - Hotel Reviews - Glossary - Contact Us - Airport Code Lookup - Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Cookie Policy - Advertise on FlyerTalk - Archive - Top

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by Flyertalk.com. Copyright 2017 FlyerTalk.com. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.