Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges on AB/HG

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Lounges on AB/HG

Do Air Berlin or Niki actually have any kind of lounge access agreement in VIE? Their site says something about the Jet/Air lounges which all airlines except OS use but oneworld.com does not seem to agree.

(for clarification, it would be for a OWE in Y or a non-elite in Y connecting to same-day oneworld longhaul F)
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:51 am

Location: In a plane over Europe; I mean in the back of a plane over Europe !!!
Programs: HHonors, Scandic, Priority Club, Marriott, AF/KL FB, BAEC, AB TB, LH M&M
I flew via VIE with AB/HG a few times and I was told that from the usual departure gates (B30 something) you can not access any lounge.

I'm always with very very tight connections so I have no time not wander too much around.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 1:28 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
You can use generic Lounges. The AB Homepage is updated quite frequently.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Do Air Berlin or Niki actually have any kind of lounge access agreement in VIE?
Yes only for TopBonus Gold and Onewold (whatever) Member.
I flew via VIE with AB/HG a few times and I was told that from the usual departure gates (B30 something)
AB/ HG use the B (Bus) and sometimes C Gates.
Their site says something about the Jet/Air lounges
Only the Jet (Schengen).
Old Apr 2, 2012, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Ok, thanks. Will give me more incentive to book HG over OS next time.
Old Apr 3, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver Card
Where to enter your Oneworld card number ....

I'm thinking of booking a flight with Niki, but cannot see where I should enter my OneWorld card number on the FlyNiki online booking.

Having said that, it looks like the only real OneWorld benefits are Lounge access, and my card number doesn't need to be included on the booking to get that. I'll just wave my boarding card at the nice lounge ladies along with my BA Gold.

Or have I missed something?

Andrew
Old Apr 6, 2012, 6:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
In ZRH you can use the Dnata lounge. The lounge sign is changed and now shows AB/HG logos - although it is not yet listed on the AB webpage. The lady at the front desk left no doubt that I was eligible for access, though she struggled to understand the AB and OW system: "Oh, you're flying this new airline. How comes you BP says you're Gold and and Sapphire at the same time?". I was happy to explain.

The lounge itself is nice, staff very friendly and walking distance to B gates, where AB usually departs, very short. The only negative is food selection which is limited to pre packed snacks.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 1:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, NZ*G
Originally Posted by swiss_global
In ZRH you can use the Dnata lounge. The lounge sign is changed and now shows AB/HG logos - although it is not yet listed on the AB webpage. The lady at the front desk left no doubt that I was eligible for access, though she struggled to understand the AB and OW system: "Oh, you're flying this new airline. How comes you BP says you're Gold and and Sapphire at the same time?". I was happy to explain.

The lounge itself is nice, staff very friendly and walking distance to B gates, where AB usually departs, very short. The only negative is food selection which is limited to pre packed snacks.
The lounge staff at ZRH are refusing entry to pax flying HG with Oneworld Emerald status today. They are saying they aren't sure whether HG pax can have access, but "the computer says no" so there is no negotiation. When I suggested that this was a system issue and it might be an idea to admit Emerald members flying HG until it was resolved, she said that wasn't possible and her supervisor wasn't due in until later. So much for Oneworld.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:07 pm
Suspended

AB have no contract with the lounge
Old Apr 18, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by ToGo
AB have no contract with the lounge
Well, at least two weeks ago they appeared to have one ... also the lounge sign now represents the AB and HG now very prominently ... I strongly doubt they'd change the lounge sign if there was no contract ...
Old Apr 18, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, NZ*G
The Dnata lounge supervisor called me today. There is a contract. The issue was apparently with BA Gold cardholders with HG boarding passes and has now been resolved. At the Dnata lounge, even if they know someone qualifies to enter they won't let them if the computer says no despite it being clear there is a glitch.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:26 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by craver
At the Dnata lounge, even if they know someone qualifies to enter they won't let them if the computer says no despite it being clear there is a glitch.
Little Britain USA Computer Says No Sketch

Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by craver
The Dnata lounge supervisor called me today. There is a contract. The issue was apparently with BA Gold cardholders with HG boarding passes and has now been resolved. At the Dnata lounge, even if they know someone qualifies to enter they won't let them if the computer says no despite it being clear there is a glitch.
Thanks for following up with Dnata. Apparently the glitch only "applied to" BA cardholders. I used my AB Gold card when successfully entering earlier this month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.