Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > airberlin | topbonus
Reload this Page >

Possibility of changing FF Program on a ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

This past month, I purchased 3 Long Haul flights on airberlin and under my FF details, I filled in my AAdvantage number. However, after some research, I've come to the conclusion that it would be be more beneficial for me to open a Top-Bonus account and collect the miles on there, since A: AA will only award 25% of the miles and B: due to airberlin's 12 month Status miles expiry policy (through which I'll be able to achieve Elite status. I'm flying some OW flights in January, and AA resets on December 31'st).

So on to my question: Is it possible to change the FF details on my AB booking?

Incidentally, I was also wondering if as an Elite with AB, you also get the 20/40% bonus miles when flying other OW carriers.

Thanks in advance for the replies
Old Mar 20, 2012, 2:58 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
I have never done this on AB, but I assume if you call them, they can change it in the system before you fly. Worst case scenario - ask them to change the number when you check in.

I don't know about the bonus with other OW carriers, but, even better, they just announced a double miles promotion for OW from now until May 15. You must register before flying.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 8:49 am

Programs: AB Topbonus
Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
You must register before flying.
...must register before booking.

...if i wouldnt have booked my april flights last week, i could have made additional 35K
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:51 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Originally Posted by bobberle101
...must register before booking.

...if i wouldnt have booked my april flights last week, i could have made additional 35K
Ouch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.