Does NZ conduct "sweeps" of Space +

Old Feb 23, 2009, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Does NZ conduct "sweeps" of Space +

Just thinking...

Chose seats in Space+ for myself AND a buddy (non status) on the same PNR for some upcoming TT/Pacific flights..

So far so good...

If I was to request a Standby upgrade for just myself on one or more of those flights, would he be booted out of Space+ if/when the upgrade cleared?

Or - given the way standby upgrades work - would he be "safe"???

Have read of "sweeps" knocking folks out of E+ on UA... and got curious...

The best chance (and best value!) for such an upgrade would of course be on our sole 763 operated flight... where we currently have 11A/B "allocated"..... wouldn't want him to lose that.....
Old Feb 24, 2009, 8:17 pm

Location: This is a personal account and my views and opinions DON'T represent those of my employer.
I don't know for sure but I highly doubt they would. There's a fair number of Space+ seats and I don't think they'd bother being that protective of it. I think when your upgrade clears the booking is divided first, to process it, so the seat assignment would just split in half and there's no facility I'm aware of that flags it as a non-permitted seat once the seat's in place.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Thanks very much!! All that makes sense.....

With Space+ still being relatively new I simply wasn't aware of any "twists"...

To be honest I'm actually leaning towards seeing what 11A/B are like! They are "well reported" shall we say..... but with plenty of A$ to burn it is a bit of a toss up.... (APW-AKL is long enough to make upgrading worthwhile IMO, but if those seats are as good as some say then???).....

Nice dilemna to have of course!
Old Feb 25, 2009, 2:39 am

Location: This is a personal account and my views and opinions DON'T represent those of my employer.
If I was travelling as a party of two APW-AKL and could secure 11AB, then I wouldn't use the upgrade cert/points unless I had nothing else planned to use them on.

Just my opinion though!
Old Feb 25, 2009, 3:50 am
Original Poster

....and an opinion I am happy to listen to...^

Reckon I'll just leave it as is..... Thanks again!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.