Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic-International Transfer

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2008, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Bronze, Krisflyer, Emirates Skysurfers, Virgin Velocity.
Domestic-International Transfer

I think I know the answer to this, but just wanted to check. I have done a quick search but couldn't find anything.

I want to fly BHE-WLG-CHC Arriving at 9:45am on Air New Zealand, connecting to NZ803 Departing CHC-BNE at about 4:00pm, or later depending on the day.

I want to leave CHC Airport and spend some time with friends in Christchurch. All tickets on the same ticket, so All my baggage will go through to BNE?

Also, what time would I have to go to the airport? Im presuming they can print my boarding pass in BHE, and if my bags go through, do I only have to get to CHC about 1hr before or so to clear through customs and board the aircraft?
Old Apr 17, 2008, 5:17 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Yes you can through check your bags.

When you check in at BHE, the CHC-BNE flight might not yet be open for check in within NZ. Worth a try though.

If you already have BP and bags through checked then an hour should be fine. If not then allow for check in delays also. Say be at the terminal 90 minutes minimum.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Bronze, Krisflyer, Emirates Skysurfers, Virgin Velocity.
Ah, Ok. Thanks Kiwi Flyer.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 7:13 pm

Programs: United 1P
You might already know this, but the CHC airport isn't that large. Which can mean the checkin lines can be quite short, and the security lines quite long, ot vice versa. So, KiwiFlyers recommendation is a good one. The CHC-BNE flight isn't hugely popular, but it is nice jump over to Sunny Queensland for Kiwi sun-seekers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.