Old Jul 17, 2006, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
'Grab a Seat' - 1 Day only Sale

One day only (17/7) or until sold out.

Various domestic routes on sale, e.g.

WLG-AKL, $39 all in.
AKL-WLG, $39

Rumours have it that there will some more or different routes available.

Go to www.airnz.co.nz
Old Jul 17, 2006, 12:57 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
[added at a later date]

link to selected summary information of use for those tracking trends, or comparing offers (mainly longhaul)

[/added]

The sale is not one day. Rather different routes and dates available on each day of the sale.

Here is a direct link to the webpage.

Note - at time of writing NZ appears to still be adding sale seats for today, but perhaps not new routes (each route shows how many seats available and some of the numbers have increased since I first looked at it).

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Sep 29, 2008 at 6:36 pm
Old Jul 17, 2006, 6:19 pm

Thanks to you both for posting this - been trying to get my brother to visit from AKL and at $98 he had no excuse
Old Aug 13, 2006, 8:33 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

The sales are still going. Interestingly, todays one included some for travel from this coming Friday! Not sure if this is NZ's way of helping out pax caught up in Origin Pacific's collapse, or if it is a sign they are experimenting with discounting close-ish to departure.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 1:15 am

Programs: AirNZ Gold Elite, Qantas Bronze, United Mileage Plus, Virgin Blue Velocity, Accor Advantage Plus,
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
The sales are still going. Interestingly, todays one included some for travel from this coming Friday! Not sure if this is NZ's way of helping out pax caught up in Origin Pacific's collapse, or if it is a sign they are experimenting with discounting close-ish to departure.
Interesting.

I usually leave my bookings to the last moment more from a lack of planning than anything else, but check the prices a few days before hand. I have noticed recently that there can be significant reductions close to the departure date.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 1:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Much less on offer today. Wonder if the sale is drawing to a close.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 3:27 pm

Programs: AirNZ AP *GE, Aegean *G, BMI Gold, BA Exec club Gold, UA MP, QFF
Still one more offer to appear today, and I recall other days when they were a fewer flights on offer. Not sure if it means its over ... I hope!
Old Aug 15, 2006, 3:29 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

I hope not.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 4:01 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: A few
My understanding is that "Grab a seat" is to be a permanent feature of the website - largely to increase web useage such as online purchase, itin changes, and new features including OLCI and seat selection for elites.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
I just had a look at today's Grab-a-seat sales site. The routes on sales are still domestic only, but the map now includes the Pacific Islands (except Australia). Perhaps it's a sign of things to come?
Old Oct 5, 2006, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Leumas
...Grab-a-seat ... map now includes the Pacific Islands (except Australia). Perhaps it's a sign of things to come?
Well spotted! I didn't notice that this morning, but now I wonder the same thing. Interesting . . .
Old Oct 10, 2006, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by Leumas
I just had a look at today's Grab-a-seat sales site. The routes on sales are still domestic only, but the map now includes the Pacific Islands (except Australia). Perhaps it's a sign of things to come?
The first grab a seats to pacific islands AKL-RAR available from today for $129! Will come online soon to book, new destinations every day just like the domestic grab a seats.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 3:11 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Great news. Welcome to Flyer Talk GingerNinja
Old Oct 10, 2006, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by GingerNinja
The first grab a seats to pacific islands AKL-RAR available from today for $129! Will come online soon to book, new destinations every day just like the domestic grab a seats.
I wonder that these Pacific fares will be more like an off-load of excess capacity? i.e. the domestic destinations appear to allow you to book a return flight at the grabaseat fare over a short-ish period of a week or fortnight, but the fare shown today for RAR is one way only, over a limited two day period.

Last edited by kiwibigdave; Oct 10, 2006 at 4:13 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 10, 2006, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by kiwibigdave
I wonder that these Pacific fares will be more like an off-load of excess capacity? i.e. the domestic destinations appear to allow you to book a return flight at the grabaseat fare over a short-ish period of a week or fortnight, but the fare shown today for RAR is one way only, over a limited two day period.
You are able to book the return on the website at the same price (at that date range), it seems to be a system error not showing the return dates on the grab a seat pop up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.