Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Grab a Seat' - 1 Day only Sale

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:09 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Even if the boarding pass has "AIRPOINTS NIL" printed prominently and Air NZ refuses to pay them for the miles?

No wonder they're in sorry state financially.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer

... and Air NZ refuses to pay them for the miles?
I suspect miles balances among carriers change hands for less than a cent apiece.

I imagine a Christchurch to Palmerston North "P" ticket claim will cost UA in money what a few sheets of letterhead and laser toner and envelope runs in there. A dollar or so.

And the functionary handling these things could not usually care less.

Last edited by ozstamps; Oct 24, 2006 at 10:21 pm
Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Even if the boarding pass has "AIRPOINTS NIL" printed prominently and Air NZ refuses to pay them for the miles?

No wonder they're in sorry state financially.
I think the actual term was Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.

And yes, for reasons just like this.

For YEARS Thai and SQ refused to credit full or any miles on their OWN FF plans on a bunch of discount fares.

UA honored the lot AFAIK, until their website slowly added fare class exclusions. After that the door closes. But not until. ^
Old Nov 6, 2006, 3:20 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: A few
AKL-VLI in play for NOV/DEC 06.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 3:27 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Note for international while only one-way displays the special fare seems to be loaded both ways.
Old Nov 6, 2006, 3:30 pm
In Memoriam

Note for international while only one-way displays the special fare seems to be loaded both ways.
Yes, that's correct. AKL-VLI and vv ends up at about NZ$250 all in. Pity about the 7 day min (unless doing a turnaround).

Last edited by CHC Kiwi; Nov 6, 2006 at 3:50 pm Reason: spelling
Old Nov 6, 2006, 3:44 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

You also have option of NZ one way and Air Vanuatu the other (albeit sale fare not valid on flights operated by Air Vanuatu).
Old Nov 6, 2006, 3:59 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Now that I've used grab a seat for pacific, they have sent me an email promoting it
Old Nov 7, 2006, 2:57 pm
In Memoriam

Just booked 2 seats on a CHC-RAR turnaround for NZ$285 each all in on grabaseat. Complimentary and standby upgrades already processed and we're sitting in 1E and 1F for 9 hours of business class pampering. Nice.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 3:06 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

9 hours? Oh yeah flight much longer from the mainland
Old Nov 7, 2006, 3:21 pm
In Memoriam

9 hours? Oh yeah flight much longer from the mainland
Ok then - 9 hours 45 minutes total flying time for CHC-RAR-CHC.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by CHC Kiwi
Just booked 2 seats on a CHC-RAR turnaround for NZ$285 each all in on grabaseat.
A small aside CHC Kiwi, because this is the same grabaseat route that I'm most likely to book when / if it comes up again, to ask if you might post after your return about how / what accommodation you end up with on your now fixed dates?

Now that I've used grab a seat for pacific, they have sent me an email promoting it.
I got a promo email yesterday too, so if it's the same one it's presumably nothing to do with your pacific booking specifically?
Old Nov 7, 2006, 5:48 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by kiwibigdave
I got a promo email yesterday too, so if it's the same one it's presumably nothing to do with your pacific booking specifically?
I'm sure it isn't (and it was me that posted that not CHC Kiwi - too many kiwis lol), just funny timing given pacific had been in grab a seat for a wee while now and the email arrived literally a couple minutes after my ticket confirmation.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 6:13 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KrisFlyer, AC Aeroplan
Originally Posted by CHC Kiwi
Just booked 2 seats on a CHC-RAR turnaround for NZ$285 each all in on grabaseat. Complimentary and standby upgrades already processed and we're sitting in 1E and 1F for 9 hours of business class pampering. Nice.
I checked fairly early this morning and would swear that neither the CHC-RAR nor the AKL-WAG-AKL were available on grabaseat, although the other two deals were. Is there any consistency in terms of when deals are posted? Is there a specific time of the day when it's best to check?

I mean, it's not that I'm desparate to fly to Wanganui, but it would be good to know.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 6:46 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by debh
I checked fairly early this morning and would swear that neither the CHC-RAR nor the AKL-WAG-AKL were available on grabaseat, although the other two deals were. Is there any consistency in terms of when deals are posted? Is there a specific time of the day when it's best to check?
No. When they first started they would load either midnight or early am, except for a few would show route but with "check back later this morning" or "check back this afternoon".

More recently there is no pattern that I can tell as to when they are loaded. I think this is silly since they have gone to the effort to educate customers of the ongoing one day sale and it makes sense to have a time of day that people know the seats will be released. Virgin Blue does this with their happy hour sales.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.