Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Grab a Seat' - 1 Day only Sale

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2008, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Region 1 to Region 3 at this time. Only NSN-AKL at $49 available now (at 21:10 NZ time)
Old Mar 5, 2008, 1:52 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
The placement of Nelson (where Motueka is) and Blenheim (in the mountains) is not right. Also what is with the short hop to nowhere from Blenheim? Are they starting a service to St Arnaud?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 10:54 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Email from Mr Fyfe.

We're so keen to see more Kiwis than ever visit there [China] that we'll be offering some ludicrously low fares on our grabaseat website in the first week of April.

The fares will be one of the best bargains you'll find this year!
So look out for PVG and PEK next week.

This bit may rile up some

Around 90 percent of our customers on the Auckland-Shanghai route speak Mandarin and it was clear they would be more attracted to flying on Air New Zealand with Mandarin-speaking Chinese crew familiar with their culture, customs and preferences.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 2:49 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Email from Mr Fyfe.

So look out for PVG and PEK next week.

yes i found this email to be a rather strange PR spin , they think if they give us cheap fares we will forget about the cheap crew ?.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 2:29 pm

Programs: Air NZ - Airpoints

Around 90 percent of our customers on the Auckland-Shanghai route speak Mandarin and it was clear they would be more attracted to flying on Air New Zealand with Mandarin-speaking Chinese crew familiar with their culture, customs and preferences.
I would think ANZ would want to have NZ crew that could speak Mandarin. This would give a comfort level to the Chinese customers but also enable a great Kiwi flavour to the service?
Old Mar 29, 2008, 4:41 pm

I love this bit

The first experience our customers receive upon boarding our aircraft is the warm hospitality of our Shanghai-based crew. The decision to establish a cabin crew base in Shanghai was easy. Around 90 percent of our customers on the Auckland-Shanghai route speak Mandarin and it was clear they would be more attracted to flying on Air New Zealand with Mandarin-speaking Chinese crew familiar with their culture, customs and preferences. What's more, our Chinese crew provide a wonderfully authentic experience for Kiwis and have great local knowledge to share on all the things to see and do that you don't read about in guide books.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 9:23 pm

Programs: *G (NZ SQ), MPC Gold, Amex Plat
I realise we're getting a little off topic but I was talking to some Air China aircrew in Singapore a couple of days ago who are based in Shanghai, sounds like they get paid substantially more than the NZ Shanghai based staff. Rents in Shanghai are very pricey, it's certainly not a cheap place to live... and as for making them eat at Dragon Boat when they're in Auckland that's just mean (if you've eaten there you'll know what I mean!)
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:00 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Do you want to go to Tinihanga Island?

An untouched island paradise. Imagine crystal clear water, unbelievably white sand and natural beauty as never seen before.

Tinihanga's brand new five star Fantasy Resort is situated by the breathtaking Tipatipa lagoon.

Simply tell us in 50 words or less why you and a friend deserve a dream holiday.

email [email protected]
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:11 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Wing to "star" in new Grab a Seat add on Youtube

I saw on TV1 news last night that Wing has been hired by NZ Grab a seat to promote their new destination of Beijing.
My God why?????
Supposed to be on Youtube soon.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
I saw on TV1 news last night that Wing has been hired by NZ Grab a seat to promote their new destination of Beijing.
My God why?????
Supposed to be on Youtube soon.
Its online now

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=KHyrAd4CxEQ
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:39 pm

Do you want to go to Tinihanga Island?

An untouched island paradise. Imagine crystal clear water, unbelievably white sand and natural beauty as never seen before.

Tinihanga's brand new five star Fantasy Resort is situated by the breathtaking Tipatipa lagoon.

Simply tell us in 50 words or less why you and a friend deserve a dream holiday.

email [email protected]
I saw this on grabaseat this morning i take it this island is made up because couldnt find anything on google about it.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
April's Fool anyone?

OTOH, the sad thing with Wing is, she probably doesn't realise most people are taking the piss...
Old Mar 31, 2008, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Leumas
April's Fool anyone?
lol i totaly forgot that it us April's Fools day today . i wonder what the reply is if you email that address.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 3:07 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat
Sent an email to see what would happen. Response was..

HAPPY APRIL FOOL’S DAY!
Thank you for your email, but unfortunately you have fallen for the grabaseat April Fool’s Day prank.
There is no such island as Tinihanga, we made it up. Tinihanga is Te Reo Maori for “play a joke, cheat, dag, deceive, fraud.”

Tipatipa (the “brand new five star resort”) is Te Reo Maori for “false, fib, implausible, liar.”
Thanks for being a good sport and to make up for our wee prank, check out HYPERLINK "http://www.grabaseat.co.nz/"www.grabaseat.co.nz later this week for an very real and very awesome promotion!

Cheers,
The grabaseat team
Old Apr 1, 2008, 3:05 am

Now that i come to think about it is that wing video also part of a april fools day joke i just cant beleave nz would used that singing to promote grabaseat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.