Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airpoints Membership card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2004, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Airpoints Membership card

My GF joined Airpoints a few weeks ago and got the welcome pack in the mail a few days ago. When I saw her brand new Airpoints membership card, it reminds me something has gone missing. Where is my Airpoints membership card? I didn't even recall I have ever received one from Airpoints.

So, I'd like to ask does Airpoints send out membership card with the welcome pack at the time I join? From the statements I have in hand, I joined in Dec 2001 and Airpoints still have their old look then.

Thanks.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 9:48 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Hi KoalaGuy

Yes, they should have sent out a card - though I seem to remember that around that time they were processing huge numbers (lots of ex-Ansett comps etc) and many things were falling through the net at the time. My partner and I both joined then and we had to make several requests to get the actual cards. BTW, there is an automated prompt on the AirPoints phone menu to send a replacement card, so you don't need to wait in the phone queue... provided they got around to sending you your PAC (Personal Access Code) that is!
Old Apr 15, 2004, 1:45 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Be careful when using the automatic system, as from memory I am fairly sure that APs charge all but NZ*E a fee for a replacement card. Of course it is not a replacement if you never received one in the first place, but that could be difficult to explain to an automated system.

If this is the case, much more helpful to talk to the friendly people on the phone.

Mark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.