NZ Itinerary Thread

Old Sep 25, 2008, 12:36 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by kangela
That is what I am doing - flying business and accessing KCs in AKL and SYD.

The plot thickens. ntddevsys, is this written anywhere or is it unpublished as NZ_Flyer notes?

Also, does it have to be a revenue ticket or would a UA MP award ticket in business (which it is) still allow me the 1 guest privilege?
Someone has told me of this benefit on Flyer Talk but I can't remember which thread. Try doing a search? But it's not a published benefit from the NZ website.

It doesn't matter how you got the ticket (paid, award or upgrade), as long as you have a business class boarding pass then you will be allowed a guest.
Old Sep 25, 2008, 2:07 am

Programs: QF WP (OW Emerald) + LTG
Originally Posted by NZ_Flyer
Someone has told me of this benefit on Flyer Talk but I can't remember which thread. Try doing a search? But it's not a published benefit from the NZ website.
Search as I may, the only thing I can find is another post by Kiwi Flyer from 2007:

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Huh? Business class does not entitle lounge access for a guest. *G status does entitle lounge access for a guest (or flying *A in F).
Also the *A website notes the privileges for business class travellers in its "Benefits" "Lounges" section
Lounge Access for International Business Class: Customers who present an international Business Class boarding pass, regardless of the Star Alliance carrier they fly, have access to all members' designated business departure lounges. Guests are not permitted.
Hmmm.....

AH!! Found it!

Originally Posted by ajnz
Yes, and yes. Prior to having status I did this a few times in both directions (WLG-AKL-LAX vv), and was welcomed into the WLG lounge with my guest, who was on the same flight (but not in business). The official rules permit it; as long as the guest is also on an NZ operated service.

I really wish I'd taken a copy of the "Official Lounge Entry Guide" that I saw in NAN in 2005. It explained all of this very well.

Last edited by kangela; Sep 25, 2008 at 2:11 am Reason: Struck gold!
Old Sep 25, 2008, 5:46 am

Programs: NZ*E,SQ ,QF IC AMB Plat, hltn gold
Nov 3 wlg-akl -SFO - anyone needs lounge access that eveing let me know
Old Sep 25, 2008, 6:23 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Argh - not this chestnut again! I can confirm I brought guests several times pre-status when traveling J (on upgrades and revenue tickets). It's not written anywhere on the website, but the agents will happily let you in. You must be flying NZ metal and using a NZ lounge. Just for fun I'll even email NZ about it right now.

On to the meat of the thread:

Oct 14: NZ38 HKG-AKL
Oct 20: NZ513 AKL-CHC

Happy to guest in either location.
Old Sep 27, 2008, 2:42 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Arrow Lounge Access Rules for Biz Pax

Originally Posted by ajnz
Argh - not this chestnut again! I can confirm I brought guests several times pre-status when traveling J (on upgrades and revenue tickets). It's not written anywhere on the website, but the agents will happily let you in. You must be flying NZ metal and using a NZ lounge. Just for fun I'll even email NZ about it right now.
Here is the answer from Air New Zealand Premium Team:
Originally Posted by Air NZ Premium Team
Dear AJ

I have a copy of the "Lounge Entry Access Chart" here, and it does state
that a passenger travelling in Business Premier with Air New Zealand
does have the ability to take one guest with them into Lounge. This is
however subject to space availability and the guest must have a boarding
pass for the same flight.

If it is your self travelling as you are a Gold Airpoints Member you
have the ability to take one guest with you into the lounge - even if
you are not travelling in Business Premier.

I hope this has answered your questions, if you have any further queries
please do not hesitate to call our Contact Centre on 0800 737 000.

Kind Regards
Hopefully this will settle the confusion once and for all.
Edit: Lounge Access Chart is available here

Last edited by ajnz; Jul 5, 2009 at 4:12 pm Reason: adding link to lounge access chart
Old Sep 27, 2008, 1:31 pm

Programs: QF WP (OW Emerald) + LTG
Thanks ajnz:-:
Very useful^
Old Dec 29, 2008, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
NZ 5 LAX-AKL Jan 11th.
Any other FTers on this flight?
Old Dec 30, 2008, 12:20 am

Programs: AC *SE, Westjet PLAT, UA Prem, Alaska MVP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by taupo
NZ 5 LAX-AKL Jan 11th.
Any other FTers on this flight?
taupo - have you booked your hotel in Auckland? You can get $50 off at Ventura Inn - see this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...ub-com-38.html
Old Dec 30, 2008, 7:08 am

Programs: DL DM
im on nz 5 on jan 10, then onto mel on NZ 123 (i think).

NZ5 Jan 10 LAX-AKL
NZ123 Jan 12 AKL-MEL
Old Dec 30, 2008, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by fijaircan
taupo - have you booked your hotel in Auckland? You can get $50 off at Ventura Inn - see this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...ub-com-38.html
Thank you. Now that I have changed to NZ 5 from AC's SYD flight, I don't need the room for the outbound, but may need one for the return.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 2:08 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
25 Dec - NZ102 SYD-AKL and NZ547 AKL-CHC
1 Jan - NZ524 CHC-AKL and NZ707 AKL-SYD

Not sure if this is the right thread for it but I had to say both my better half and I throughly enjoyed the Trans-tasman services with NZ102 on 767 with AVOD (massive screen!) and plenty of leg space for Y. NZ707 is on 737 but still with fantastic AVOD and lots of leg space. Looks like I will fly NZ more often!
Old Jan 4, 2009, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by edison
25 Dec - NZ102 SYD-AKL and NZ547 AKL-CHC
1 Jan - NZ524 CHC-AKL and NZ707 AKL-SYD

Not sure if this is the right thread for it but I had to say both my better half and I throughly enjoyed the Trans-tasman services with NZ102 on 767 with AVOD (massive screen!) and plenty of leg space for Y. NZ707 is on 737 but still with fantastic AVOD and lots of leg space. Looks like I will fly NZ more often!
The idea of this thread is you post your flight #'s before you take them!
Old Jan 4, 2009, 11:36 pm

Programs: AC *SE, Westjet PLAT, UA Prem, Alaska MVP, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
NZ118 Feb 01 SYD-AKL
NZ58 Feb 02 AKL-NAN
Old Jan 16, 2009, 2:55 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
NZ8813 Feb 02 AKL-NPL at 7:10am - No Status, if anyone else is flying and can guest that would be appreciated
NZ### Feb 04 WLG-AKL
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:24 am

Programs: NZ*G
30 MAR NZ106 SYD INT 17:00-18:35
01 APR NZ739 AKL INT 14:00-15:30
07 APR NZ102 SYD INT 08:00-09:30

Happy to guest

Last edited by Tablet2009; Mar 27, 2009 at 8:47 pm Reason: added flights

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.