Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best/Worst lounges on NZ network

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:24 am

Programs: NZ Silver, NZ Koru, Accor Silver
A further update:

Further to earlier email regarding temporary Dunedin Regional Lounge closure, we have been advised by Air New Zealand the following:-

Flights to Dunedin have been cancelled so our teams are unable to start construction as planned.
The Lounge will remain open this weekend and will close on Monday 24 July and Tuesday 25 July. This is subject to change if the construction teams are unable to get to Dunedin on Sunday.

Comms to customers will be amended where possible and our Lounge teams will ensure signage is clear at the Airport.

Affected customers will be communicated to by:
Ř Mobile App notifications will be sent to Elite, Gold, Koru and Elite Partner members and valid eVoucher holders
Ř Travel Update email sent to Elite and Gold members
Ř Triggered comms within pre-departure emails
Ř The Air NZ website airnewzealand.co.nz/regional-lounge-information will be updated Friday 21 July with the Dunedin lounge closure message.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:34 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by SilverTP
Dunedin lounge being upgraded - just came through from TA:
I quite like the Dunedin lounge.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I hope they add showers.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I hope they add showers.
I thought there was one that doubled as the disabled toilet...or I am thinking of another KC a few years ago.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:26 pm

Programs: NZ Silver, NZ Koru, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
I thought there was one that doubled as the disabled toilet...or I am thinking of another KC a few years ago.
Not in the Koru lounge, but the Dunedin Airport website states:

Showers

Feel like freshening up? We have showers available at the Airport and for a $7.00 fee we supply a towel, shampoo and soap. Please see one of our Customer Services team at the Information Desk to find out where the showers are located.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
I quite like the Dunedin lounge.
I have heard anecdotally from a friend that they were serving tinned spaghetti, ala. Koru Express in CHC, at some point in the DUD lounge. Though I have not experienced this, if it was the case I am not surprised to hear of the upgrade. Been through a few times and thought it was pretty decent and similar to the newly upgraded ZQN lounge.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:54 am

Programs: Air New Zealand Airpoints - Gold Elite, Velocity - Platinum, Qantas - Gold
Originally Posted by codyc1515
I have heard anecdotally from a friend that they were serving tinned spaghetti.

Correct, breakfast is usually spaghetti, or sausages, or corn fritter things or ham & cheese croissants. The spaghetti tends to sit there all morning as not many people go near it.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
We get the tinned spag for breakfast at the PMR lounge, alternating with baked beans. As Smeags says, the spag usually sits untouched.
No ham and cheese croissants though. But a man can dream.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 12:38 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Just a quick update from HKG

As an Elite you can use the CX Business Lounges, which are far superior than the Thai lounge that they will suggest you use.

I used The Pier and it was more like a first class lounge than a Business Lounge (there is a First lounge also). 3 different dining options, fantastic shower facilities and amenities (Aesop).

I believe Koru must use the Thai Lounge and Gold can use *A Lounges such as SQ or United if they want.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 1:11 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Rebound
Just a quick update from HKG

As an Elite you can use the CX Business Lounges, which are far superior than the Thai lounge that they will suggest you use.

I used The Pier and it was more like a first class lounge than a Business Lounge (there is a First lounge also). 3 different dining options, fantastic shower facilities and amenities (Aesop).

I believe Koru must use the Thai Lounge and Gold can use *A Lounges such as SQ or United if they want.
As of late 2016 both NZ Elite and Gold got access to the CX business lounges. Previously it was only Elite's.

The Pier Business is a beautiful lounge. I visited it last year a few weeks after it opened on my way back from China.

I visited the SQ, UA and TG lounges for breakfast on my way over and there was simply no comparison!
Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Agreed, last trip I used the SQ Lounge, this was far superior.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Originally Posted by CHCflyer
We get the tinned spag for breakfast at the PMR lounge, alternating with baked beans. As Smeags says, the spag usually sits untouched.
No ham and cheese croissants though. But a man can dream.

I appreciate Im resurrecting this point - but I love spag on toast with a couple of kranski sausages for breakfast - perfect - certainly in NPE it seems relatively popular !!
Old Jan 30, 2023, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Interlude
Worst lounge in my view is APW (Apia, Samoa) cos there ain't one. RAR has 8 flights from AKL per week, NAN has 7, and they both have lounges. APW has 7 flights from AKL per week too but nothing. Size of aircraft/PAX numbers/onward flights may differ, but still wonder why APW doesn't get one. Even at VLI with only one NZ metal per week KC will get you a pass to the cute little lounge run by the airport (for that flight, but not when ticketed NZ on the AirVanuatu codeshare flight.
Do you know if it has changed? Was planning to book business premier from APW to AKL, so it would be great to be aware if there is a lounge.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by kapchi
Do you know if it has changed? Was planning to book business premier from APW to AKL, so it would be great to be aware if there is a lounge.
Lounge page and partner page on AirNZ doesn't indicate a Lonuge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.