Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best/Worst lounges on NZ network

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
All three of my MEL T-T departures in recent months have been on QF, although I am no fan of QF T-T on a 737, but if I can get an exit row that, plus the QF First Lounge is much preferred to the NZ zoo or even the SIN lounge.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Platinum (LTS), VA Platinum
Originally Posted by libertyuk
All three of my MEL T-T departures in recent months have been on QF, although I am no fan of QF T-T on a 737, but if I can get an exit row that, plus the QF First Lounge is much preferred to the NZ zoo or even the SIN lounge.
Everyone's different but I'd go NZ's A320 frequent flyer seating over QF's 737 including row 4 (I hate the fixed arm rests). QF F lounge is nice but I find my bum spends more time on the plane than in the lounge so I choose the plane over the lounge. Being a window flyer I notice you really have to crane your neck down to look out the 737 windows vs the A320. Only reason I fly QF metal TT on a 737 is a promo otherwise I actively avoid it.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 2:40 am

Programs: NZ*G
Air New Zealand opens new international lounge at Nadi Airport

The airline’s Chief Marketing and Customer Officer Mike Tod says the new look lounge was designed with feedback from customers in mind and offers a mix of spaces to meet a range of travellers’ needs.

“Our new Nadi lounge is more than double the size of the previous one and can accommodate 140 percent more customers. It also offers five different zones for travellers to enjoy a meal, relax, play with their kids or get some work done.”

A focal point of the new lounge is the café with a new self-service buffet and beverage offering where friends and family can dine together, while those wanting to relax can visit the dedicated quiet zone. The lounge also offers Wi-Fi and access to multiple power points for those wanting to work.

Kids are catered for as well with a kids’ zone stacked with toys and bean bags as well as the latest children’s shows to keep the little ones entertained.

The Air New Zealand international lounge at Nadi International Airport is part of a wider four year $100m programme to develop the airline’s lounge network and follows on from the opening of new lounges in Auckland, Sydney, Brisbane, Hamilton and Invercargill.

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/pres...t-nadi-airport
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:34 pm

Now, just MEL to sort out...
Old Nov 9, 2016, 6:43 pm

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/8631...-refurbishment

What are the chances they'll add Vegas to the lounge network? As much as I would like to see this I don't think tourists are going to sway NZ and I suspect those that do end up in Vegas actually drive or are driven there.
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/8631...-refurbishment

What are the chances they'll add Vegas to the lounge network? As much as I would like to see this I don't think tourists are going to sway NZ and I suspect those that do end up in Vegas actually drive or are driven there.
As you've said, given it's mostly a tourist route and that it's the 14th busiest airport in terms of passenger numbers, it's probably not high on AirNZ's priorities.

No doubt an enquiry with AirNZ will generate the standard template response, so probably no point in even trying.

At the end of the day, I guess we're lucky to have any lounges outside of AKL, WLG and CHC when compared to other countries.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 7:21 pm

Apia?

I've checked the Air NZ website and not found anything, so I'm guessing there are no lounge facilities at Apia airport? Unless there are some super secret lounges? 😂
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:34 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Apia is a small airport with no lounge IIRC.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Apia is a small airport with no lounge IIRC.
Thanks Kiwi Flyer 😊 I was hoping with their fancy new departure lounge they may have squeezed one in. Not the end of the world though 😆
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Any update on Melbourne? Likely to have to fly out of there in 2 or so weeks and contemplating whether I can give it a go?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by libertyuk
Any update on Melbourne? Likely to have to fly out of there in 2 or so weeks and contemplating whether I can give it a go?
The last date I've heard from a couple of unofficial sources has been "May". Ausbt also mentioned May recently, a move back from the original April.

I'm over there this weekend and figured it would be my luck it opened on Monday, but it doesn't seem like this will be the case.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:09 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Ausbt just confirmed MEL opens on the 9th May.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by sbiddle
Ausbt just confirmed MEL opens on the 9th May.
Excellent, I'm flying out on the 12th so have chosen NZ for the first time from MEL in 18 months.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:49 pm

And Perth is mentioned later in the MEL ausbt article for later in the year. I've become quite fond of the food in the main terminal area!
Old May 4, 2017, 12:29 am

Programs: airnz gold
christchurch regional

like a small cafe...I don't like it flying back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.