Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best/Worst lounges on NZ network

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2005, 8:45 pm

Programs: some
Originally Posted by mad_atta
I hereby order you to go and do some more research in the field, and report back to us regarding the exact number of beers found in each domestic koru club.
At your service!
Old Feb 24, 2005, 9:08 pm

Programs: NZ *S
Originally Posted by mad_atta
NSN-Dave, I was under the impression that Koru Club membership allowed you to access the designated lounge for NZ pax (whether an NZ operated lounge or otherwise) whenever travelling on a flight with an NZ flight number.
Just checked with the KC service centre, it appears the flight has to be NZ operated, not just an NZ flight number. i.e. I couldn't use it in DEN on a UA operated NZ flight. I guess I also couldn't use it in SFO on the UA flight to DEN either (different day to the AKL-SFO flight).
Old Feb 24, 2005, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by NSN-Dave
Just checked with the KC service centre, it appears the flight has to be NZ operated, not just an NZ flight number. i.e. I couldn't use it in DEN on a UA operated NZ flight. I guess I also couldn't use it in SFO on the UA flight to DEN either (different day to the AKL-SFO flight).
Access is also granted to pax travelling on Singapore Airlines operated flights between New Zealand and Singapore or travelling on United Airlines operated flights between Melbourne, Sydney and Los Angeles.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by ntddevsys
Access is also granted to pax travelling on Singapore Airlines operated flights between New Zealand and Singapore or travelling on United Airlines operated flights between Melbourne, Sydney and Los Angeles.
Are you sure that is still the case? It was not anymore 2 years ago (before that yes) - maybe if codeshare?
Old Feb 25, 2005, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Fliar
Are you sure that is still the case? It was not anymore 2 years ago (before that yes) - maybe if codeshare?
According to this it is
https://airnz.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/a...YWdlPTE*&p_li=
Old Feb 25, 2005, 2:10 pm

Wish I would have known that before the lounge agent told me I couldn't access the KC when flying SQ...
Old Mar 4, 2005, 5:25 pm

It seems this is no longer true. From the March 2005 Koru Club Review

Access to Koru Lounges
Please keep in mind that access to the Koru Club Lounge or an associate airline's lounge is only available prior to your boarding of an Air New Zealand ticketed and operated flight.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:25 am

The Nadi lounge says it opens "3 hours before departure". What if your flight is at 4:15AM? I think I won't be able to use it, but hopefully I'm wrong.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 12:39 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Yes they open lounge in the middle of the night. Its very basic but has good coffee (well it seemed a good idea at the time!)
Old Feb 18, 2006, 1:24 am

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Bumped to ask a question about SYD lounge...

...now that NZ has scrapped F, what's become of the FC lounge in SYD?
Old Feb 18, 2006, 11:56 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

It still exists but open limited hours. Used by TG.
Old Feb 18, 2006, 4:58 pm

Programs: NorthSails® | Starboard | ION
Thanks. What a pity... great lounge that one can't use when flying NZ!
Old Feb 18, 2006, 5:18 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Yup. Same with the F lounge at AKL (used by SQ and TG only).
Old Mar 5, 2006, 3:52 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Per

Flew NZ176 PER-AKL on Saturday 4th. It seems that KC and NZ*G are requested to use the Qantas Club, not the SQ lounge.

I tried to get into the SQ lounge to compare, and despite it prominently displaying a *G sign, I got bounced by a guy standing outside who wouldn't let me go inside. The lounge hours did indicate it was open (1600 onwards); but perhaps it actually wasn't as I didn't get through the door.

The PER QC is quaint. The Telstra hotspots didn't work (no DHCP leases available); two internet PCs; showers were clean and reasonably nice, although no useful amenities; food was limited. Food was not fantastic, nor was there much of it.

Lounge was pretty dark with no external windows, and very limited in the beer department.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 4:04 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

IIRC the SQ lounge is small and shuts before the NZ flight leaves, which is why NZ uses the QC. That said I have used SQ lounge on occasion.

ajnz - how did you find the redeye flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.