Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best/Worst lounges on NZ network

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:22 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Nelson Koru Lounge is shut for refurb so they are handing out vouchers to Gold Members, i have not seen any Koru Club members given vouchers yet :O Suppose to re-open today but not quite on track, i'll try it out hopefully in November.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Originally Posted by Rebound
Nelson Koru Lounge is shut for refurb so they are handing out vouchers to Gold Members, i have not seen any Koru Club members given vouchers yet :O Suppose to re-open today but not quite on track, i'll try it out hopefully in November.
When I was in NSN lounge in July there was a lady on her cellphone talking about refurbishing the lounge (not sure if she was NZ employee or contractor/interior designer) so I wondered when this may be happening.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 7:14 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: NZ*E, QF G, HH S, AClub G, PC G
Freeth, i have the same problem, if i am wearing a suit they don't ask to see my BP, if i'm a bit more casual they usually ask me (also maybe age bias as i'm quite young).
When there last week I witnessed one of the staff taking great delight in removing a young lady from the lounge who had entered with another KC member who had no guest passes or status to allow guest (lounge was empty except for me). That look of delight was replaced by horror when I promptly went out and invited the young lady back in as my guest instead.

The fact she was extremely attractive had nothing to do with my inviting her back in
Old Oct 12, 2010, 7:33 pm

Programs: Air NZ Airpoints
I'm Koru Club and got the vouchers and used them on 2 occasions. Asked for them at checkin and just supplied my Koru Club (or airpoints...can't remember) membership number. Keen to see the result of the work on the lounge in early Nov too.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NZ*E, PC Platinum RA
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Freeth: how long have they had lounge attendants in NPE? I don't recall ever seeing an AirNZ staffer in there. Given my err, casual, dress, I guess I'm lucky.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 8:43 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by Freeth
When there last week I witnessed one of the staff taking great delight in removing a young lady from the lounge who had entered with another KC member who had no guest passes or status to allow guest (lounge was empty except for me). That look of delight was replaced by horror when I promptly went out and invited the young lady back in as my guest instead.

The fact she was extremely attractive had nothing to do with my inviting her back in
Very kind of you! I'm suprised they didnt stop her again as you can't guest into regional lounges? Or are you allowed to as GE?

I seem to remember someone on here being stopped from taking a can of coke from the lounge and am sure it was NPE also.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:46 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: NZ*E, QF G, HH S, AClub G, PC G
Originally Posted by brenrox
Very kind of you! I'm suprised they didnt stop her again as you can't guest into regional lounges? Or are you allowed to as GE?

I seem to remember someone on here being stopped from taking a can of coke from the lounge and am sure it was NPE also.
I think GE is allowed 1, space permitting of course. I usually find them to be pretty accomdating in the regional lounges. If they're close to empty and you ask nicely they usually have no problems with 1 or more guests, as long as you don't abuse the privilege and I'd take my guests out if the lounge suddenly filled up. Not fair for people who've paid for the privilege to miss out on a seat and a free beer.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 9:50 pm

Programs: Air NZ Airpoints
Originally Posted by brenrox

*G and *GE can guest into any of the NZ lounges:

Gold members have access to all Koru Lounges within New Zealand and all Air New Zealand operated International Lounges. They can also bring one guest into these lounges, subject to space, on the day of travel on Star Alliance
ticketed and operated flights
Gold Elite members enjoy the same lounge privileges as Gold members, with the additional right to bring up to five guests (subject to space) into Koru and Air New Zealand International Lounges.
It's only Koru who can't use guest passes to guest someone into the regional lounges.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 10:51 pm

Programs: NZ*S & Koru, QF, VA, Accor, Marriot
Freeth, i have the same problem, if i am wearing a suit they don't ask to see my BP, if i'm a bit more casual they usually ask me (also maybe age bias as i'm quite young).
Without boring you with details, I had a similar and fairly unpleasant experience in IVC last year. The lounge is never manned but this time there were two staff in there restocking etc. I'm relatively young also and was relatively casually dressed (though not at all scruffy), and clearly the woman didn't think I looked like I deserved to be there.

Got to CHC and went into the lounge and the staff there were as warm and welcoming as ever which made up for it somewhat.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:13 pm

In NPL i've never had a problem, in NSN the lounge attendants are always pleasant and helpful, so i think it is isolated to NPE Freeth.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver, NZ Jade, QF Bronze, A Club Platinum, Hhonors Silver
Originally Posted by Freeth
Does anyone else think they're made to feel unwelcome every time they enter the lounge at NPE? Not sure why they even have the lock on the door because the boarding pass police always seem to be in the lounge waiting to pounce the minute you step foot through the door?
I don't mind being asked to show my BP if asked politely but to have it demanded the minute I walk in the door without any sort of greeting or even simple manners is just downright rude, and this rudeness seems to be something I experience with increasing frequency with NZ team lately ...
It's been my local for almost 18 months now and have experienced this also ... no welcome but a simple demand to see ones credentials. Usually traveling with my partner (both BD*G) and I think she's keen to be sure the guest policy is being met. Ironically the last two times I've been thru (late morning or early arvo) there as been no attendant (and no decent food either!!!).
Old Oct 12, 2010, 11:55 pm

I've never seen decent food in NPE :S
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:07 am

Programs: NZ Silver
+1 nor have I ever seen an attendent
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, NZ Jade, QF Bronze, A Club Platinum, Hhonors Silver
You have to be quick!!! Have seen mini quiches @ 7am and chicken wraps or club sarnies mid afternoon. It's only ever one small plate and they're gone in no time at all
Old Oct 13, 2010, 2:20 am

Not lounge related, but i left a sports bag at NSN airport on Tuesday morning, i went to check in today and they had it there for me as they looked up to see when my flight was - check-in assistant was great - i only realised i forgot it in the first place when i got back to the airport this afternoon! Clearly the red-eye flight's 1 coffee wasn't enough for me :P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.