Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best/Worst lounges on NZ network

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by macfod
like a small cafe...I don't like it flying back
Why not go to the domestic lounge instead if you've got the time? Yeah, you have to clear security, but we had no problems doing it before our flight to ROT
Old May 4, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: airnz gold
thanks

I never thought you could do that
Old May 10, 2017, 11:48 pm

Programs: NZ Silver, NZ Koru, Accor Silver
I've only been to the regional lounge once - much nicer to go through security and head up to the domestic lounge. There is a shortcut to the regional departure area. Turn left after heading back to the main departure lounge and look for the banner opposite gate 15.
Old May 20, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
WLG regional

^

Used new WLG regional lounge on Saturday for the first time, was pleasantly surprised. A few hot snacks, barista service, full self-serve bar as in main domestic lounge and toilets (although they needed repairs when I was there).

Vastly superior to the AKL regional lounge which I've taken to avoiding on my many transits from international to regional domestic flights, as seats are scarce and the range of catering is inferior.
Old May 21, 2017, 12:05 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
I too used it last week for an early morning midweek flight to CHC. It was actually nicer than being in the main lounge at 7am which is often like feeding time at the zoo.
Old May 21, 2017, 3:46 am

Programs: NZ*E, One World
Agree libertyUK... the Auckland regional lounge had no forward planning to the future. It is most often difficult to get a seat.. Fly to Napier on Tuesday afternoon, should well get a seat

In saying that, far better than the Christchurch regional lounge, shocking really...
Old May 22, 2017, 1:13 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Good to see today lounge staff calling out an elite passenger for bringing in guests to the lounge only to immediately leave the lounge themselves.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:09 pm

Programs: Air NZ GE
Having used the Wgn Regional twice today, and ChCh Regional once - they are chalk and cheese. Wgn is very good.

I normally head upstairs in ChCh too, unless like today I only have 15 minutes. Having said that the sausages and (normal) baked beans in ChCh regional was actually to my (simple) taste.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Good to see today lounge staff calling out an elite passenger for bringing in guests to the lounge only to immediately leave the lounge themselves.
Assuming the E in Elite was meant to be capitalised as in the status tier, why is that good to see?
Old May 23, 2017, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by everywhere
Assuming the E in Elite was meant to be capitalised as in the status tier, why is that good to see?
Because the philosophy of having a guest in most exclusive clubs is that one looks after them and also to some extent is responsible for them while they are in the facility. The idea behind guests is presumably that YOU can entertain family or friends or colleagues.
Old May 24, 2017, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by drajknox
Because the philosophy of having a guest in most exclusive clubs is that one looks after them and also to some extent is responsible for them while they are in the facility. The idea behind guests is presumably that YOU can entertain family or friends or colleagues.
Exclusive? Amusing. Air New Zealand's lounges have been becoming less and less exclusive year on year for the last 10+ years.
Old May 25, 2017, 2:23 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by everywhere
Originally Posted by drajknox
Right. Guest access is a privilege so you can spend time together in the lounge. Abuse of the benefit leads to overcrowding (this particular lounge does run out of seats) and ultimately may result in the benefit being withdrawn (which is good for no one).
Old Jun 1, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: NZ*E
PVG Lounge food dreadful

Mrs Zoovet and I had the misfortune to use the PVG Business Lounge 71 prior to a recent ANZ flight. The lounge itself was OK, but the food was dreadful. All heated dishes were cold or just slightly warm, vegetables were cold, spicy chicken dish was full of chillies and no chicken, pasta was inedible. After several days enjoying inexpensive food in Shanghai streets, malls, and restaurants this was a very poor reflection on Air China and, because they also use the lounge, AirNZ. I would be adverse to letting my dog eat this food!

Fortunately the cabin crew in J class once on the AirNZ flight were excellent (although to be critical the food again was only marginal).
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
AKL Intl

Really think they made the AKL Intl Lounge way too small, this morning its struggling an public holiday weekend, with an que 30 deep to the hot food.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
WLG Intl lounge was chokka this morning and guests were being declined. VA to BNE was 2 1/2 hrs late so clashed with the SYD flight which was obviously chokka.

VA was a disaster this morning. I got a NZ app notification at 3am saying the flight was delayed. At 3:45 when I left home the Virgin website said it was on time and VA call centre confirmed this.

Got to the airport 45 mins later and there was a massive queue. Flight had been delayed due to crew illness so they had to fly a crew member in from CHC to cover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.