Silver to Gold

Old Jun 10, 2024, 5:43 pm
Original Poster

Silver to Gold

Hi guys,

First time poster, Tried to attach a screen shot of my SPs but since its a new account I cant seem to.

To retain SILVER
175 earned since 17 Feb 2024, 230 needed by 17 Feb 2025.

To upgrade to Gold
749 earned in the last 12 months, 151 needed if earned today.

I'm trying to get to Gold, am I safe to assume, I only need 151 SP to obtain Gold at the moment? (sorry im a real noob at this) - I do have some SPs to expire in August not sure if that will affect the numbers below. I am looking at going to Bali end of July, also have an ANZ plat card so should get just over 151 SP from those flights.

Old Jun 10, 2024, 6:43 pm

That 151SP is a real-time counter, taking into account of your expiring SPs. In your case, as long as you have no other SPs expiring between now and August, your trip to Bali (if netting over 151SP) will knock you over to Gold.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ltdavenz
Hi guys,

First time poster, Tried to attach a screen shot of my SPs but since its a new account I cant seem to.

To retain SILVER
175 earned since 17 Feb 2024, 230 needed by 17 Feb 2025.

To upgrade to Gold
749 earned in the last 12 months, 151 needed if earned today.

I'm trying to get to Gold, am I safe to assume, I only need 151 SP to obtain Gold at the moment? (sorry im a real noob at this) - I do have some SPs to expire in August not sure if that will affect the numbers below. I am looking at going to Bali end of July, also have an ANZ plat card so should get just over 151 SP from those flights.
You’ll also need to ensure that you meet the number of SPs earned on AirNZ and other *A flights - to make Gold this is 450 of the 900 total.

And a warm welcome to FlyerTalk !
Old Jun 10, 2024, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by akl_cat
That 151SP is a real-time counter, taking into account of your expiring SPs. In your case, as long as you have no other SPs expiring between now and August, your trip to Bali (if netting over 151SP) will knock you over to Gold.
Thank you for your reply, got a lot of flying coming up end of the year and start of next year so keen to make use of the Gold perks.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Youll also need to ensure that you meet the number of SPs earned on AirNZ and other *A flights - to make Gold this is 450 of the 900 total.

And a warm welcome to FlyerTalk !
Thanks for your reply, all the SPs were earned on Air NZ flights so it shouldnt matter? or does it?
Old Jun 10, 2024, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Thanks for your reply, all the SPs were earned on Air NZ flights so it shouldnt matter? or does it?
My point (as you said you were new to this), is that the Bonus SPs earned through the ANZ Plat card do not count as SPs earned on AirNZ flights.

So here, we often talk about metal SPs (earned on flights), and non-metal earned through credit cards mainly.

Your total SPs will be a combination of:

A. metal SPs earned on AirNZ
B. metal SPs earned on Star Alliance flights
C. non-metal SPs earned through credit card spend/bonuses

You need to ensure you have at least 450 SPs from metal (ie A+B).

If all of your SPs are only from AirNZ flights and every one of those has an ANZ 50% bonus, then from your 749 total SPs one can calculate this is:

500 metal SPs earned on AirNZ alone; and
250 non-metal SPs earned through ANZ bonus

So all you need is another 100 metal SPs which will bring 50 non-metal SPs from the ANZ card.

No idea quite why you have 749 SPs, but presumably this could be confirmed with a detailed accounting. The non-metal ANZ SPs often end up with fractions, which AirNZ rounds down (I suppose better to report fewer actual SPs than over the actual amount).
Old Jun 10, 2024, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
My point (as you said you were new to this), is that the Bonus SPs earned through the ANZ Plat card do not count as SPs earned on AirNZ flights.

So here, we often talk about metal SPs (earned on flights), and non-metal earned through credit cards mainly.

Your total SPs will be a combination of:

A. metal SPs earned on AirNZ
B. metal SPs earned on Star Alliance flights
C. non-metal SPs earned through credit card spend/bonuses

You need to ensure you have at least 450 SPs from metal (ie A+B).

If all of your SPs are only from AirNZ flights and every one of those has an ANZ 50% bonus, then from your 749 total SPs one can calculate this is:

500 metal SPs earned on AirNZ alone; and
250 non-metal SPs earned through ANZ bonus

So all you need is another 100 metal SPs which will bring 50 non-metal SPs from the ANZ card.

No idea quite why you have 749 SPs, but presumably this could be confirmed with a detailed accounting. The non-metal ANZ SPs often end up with fractions, which AirNZ rounds down (I suppose better to report fewer actual SPs than over the actual amount).

Ahhhh yes now it makes sense apologies, I only recently got my ANZ plat card and my future bookings are only through the ANZ plat bonus SPs. My current SPs are all through metal SPs but thank you for clarifying that for me - Managed to get all metal SPs from using my friends, family and friends bookings managed to get business class flights to LA return, seoul return for more than 50% off and melbourne return on eco.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 10:44 pm

Ahhhh yes now it makes sense apologies, I only recently got my ANZ plat card and my future bookings are only through the ANZ plat bonus SPs. My current SPs are all through metal SPs but thank you for clarifying that for me - Managed to get all metal SPs from using my friends, family and friends bookings managed to get business class flights to LA return, seoul return for more than 50% off and melbourne return on eco.
?

You can't get SP from other people.

Or are you meaning pooling APD? As when you use APD get 0SP (full pay) or 20% (part APD pay).
Old Jun 10, 2024, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nzkarit
?

You can't get SP from other people.

Or are you meaning pooling APD? As when you use APD get 0SP (full pay) or 20% (part APD pay).
Sorry should have made it clearer - my friend works for Air NZ, they get X amount of buddy passes that they can book family, friends etc flights - I booked my flights through the "buddy" flights so i get all the normal AP, SP as the flights are under my name, airpoints etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.