Ru akl-sing-uk

Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Ru akl-sing-uk

Hi, about to book a flight from Auckland-Singapore-London. If I use my RU (Elite) from Premium Economy to Business will that give me the upgrade on the entire trip or just one of the legs? Thanks
Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:44 pm

RU/Oneup only applies to a single flight, not the whole ticket. So in your case just the AKL-SIN flight.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Oh....ok...could I use RU & Airpoints Dollars on second leg? or will the bot not cope?
Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by JaseNZ
Oh....ok...could I use RU & Airpoints Dollars on second leg? or will the bot not cope?
Nothing for second sector as not allowable under the Airpoints system. Can only use your RUs and Elite $AP Upgrades when ticketed by AirNZ and on an AirNZ aircraft.

Well, it is theoretically possible to seek a Star Alliance upgrade (on the SQ sector SIN-LHR), but these are a separate matter and require very expensive fare classes.

And a belated warm welcome to FlyerTalk

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Mar 10, 2024 at 10:41 pm
Old Mar 10, 2024, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Nothing for second sector as not allowable under the Airpoints system. Can only use your RUs and Elite $AP Upgrades when ticketed by AirNZ and on an AirNZ aircraft.

Well, it is theoretically possible to seek a Star Alliance upgrade (on the SQ sector SIN-LHR), but these are a separate matter and require very expensive fare classes.

And a belated warm welcome to FlyerTalk
Appreciate the info and the welcome ...
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:10 am

Programs: Airpoints Elite
Originally Posted by JaseNZ
Hi, about to book a flight from Auckland-Singapore-London. If I use my RU (Elite) from Premium Economy to Business will that give me the upgrade on the entire trip or just one of the legs? Thanks
As others have said, just the first leg. In fact I've just booked a PE AKL-Singapore-London and trying to do the same, so if I don't get the Elite RU and you're flying on 8th July up the front, I'm going to send you rude messages on the seat messenger system
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:41 pm

My understanding is on the SQ sector, you can not use mySQupgrade if the ticket is issued on 086 NZ stock.

PE is not upgradeable under Star Alliance agreement. Only high fare Economy and Business class.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.