Additional Guest for Gold

Old Feb 27, 2024, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold
Additional Guest for Gold

A couple years ago, I was flying from SYD -> AKL as a group of three where one person had Air NZ Gold. He was able to get the rest of us into the lounge as well even though Gold only allows one.

I'll be doing this same flight next week with 2 colleagues as well. Has anyone tried bringing in additional guests? I assume it's at the discretion of the lounge staff e.g not busy. Or if we can pay an additional guest.

Or if you're really cheeky, bring in the first guest, then go out and bring the second guest in!

Last edited by bottlebug; Feb 27, 2024 at 2:49 am Reason: Typo
Old Feb 27, 2024, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by bottlebug
A couple years ago, I was flying from SYD -> AKL as a group of three where one person had Air NZ Gold. He was able to get the rest of us into the lounge as well even though Gold only allows one.

I'll be doing this same flight next week with 2 colleagues as well. Has anyone tried bringing in additional guests? I assume it's at the discretion of the lounge staff e.g not busy. Or if we can pay an additional guest.

Or if you're really cheeky, bring in the first guest, then go out and bring the second guest in!
Entitlement for NZ*G is one guest (Gold Elite have additional guest allowances). Whilst you might get a flexible lounge staff member, this is the kind of thinking that results in lounges just getting more crowded

And deliberately trying to defeat the system by exiting and bring in your second colleague seems a bit desperate, and risks NZ reviewing your status privileges.

Some lounge may allow paid entry, and there is the Amex Centurion lounge and Priority Pass etc. Perhaps investigate one of these.

Otherwise, I suggest you and your 2 colleagues just campout at one of the many F&B outlets with no drama.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 1:52 pm

Perfect (and permissible) solution to your problem is for the Gold to bring one into the NZ lounge and the other into the SQ lounge next door.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by akl_cat
Perfect (and permissible) solution to your problem is for the Gold to bring one into the NZ lounge and the other into the SQ lounge next door.
Yes indeed, although splits the group up which I inferred was not desired.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Gold
Interesting! Can we still use the SQ/ other Star Alliance lounges if we don't have a ticket for those airlines?
Old Feb 28, 2024, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting! Can we still use the SQ/ other Star Alliance lounges if we don't have a ticket for those airlines?
Yes. The Star Gold member can guest into any Lounge displaying the Star Gold logo.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 11:33 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
And of course send the least liked person to the Air NZ lounge by themselves because there is zero reason why you'd want to use that at present you can be in the SQ lounge which is vastly superior!
akl_cat, Thai-Kiwi and poopbunny like this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by sbiddle
And of course send the least liked person to the Air NZ lounge by themselves because there is zero reason why you'd want to use that at present you can be in the SQ lounge which is vastly superior!
I had a serious chuckle at this but 100% concur
sbiddle likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.