Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Anyone flown ANZ's Business Premier PREFERRED seat? (ex-Cathay Pacific B773 First)

Anyone flown ANZ's Business Premier PREFERRED seat? (ex-Cathay Pacific B773 First)

Old Feb 22, 2024, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi

Remember, too, that cash pax and award pax should be indistinguishable (IMHO). Obviously the reports of upgraded pax being ‘un-upgraded’ following a downgauge of aircraft (say 77W to 789) shows AirNZ does track those [upgraded] pax and ranks them below the others.
*inserted ‘upgraded’ for clarity

Originally Posted by edmm
I disagree that cash pax and upgrades should be indistinguishable. It makes sense for the airline to favour those who pay more. For a flight award these are exactly the same - real $ = $AP
Also, if I pay for J and my flight gets cancelled, is it fair or reasonable that I am rebooked onto a flight and made to sit in Y, while upgraded passengers are sitting in the J seats? I noted that upgraded pax are, indeed, prioritised lower than those that are not ‘upgraded’
Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough: cash and full award pax should be indistinguishable IMHO. This is particularly so withAirNZ”s Aipoints ff program where $AP are burned instead of miles.

Upgraded pax are another matter and seem to be treated as a lower priority, as evidenced by those upgraded pax being bumped back for eqjuipment down-gauges to a smaller premium cabin.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS UA AA BA DL HY BV
your $780 is in NZD, which is equivalent to $460+ in USD which is what I paid recently
Old Feb 23, 2024, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by LX039
your $780 is in NZD, which is equivalent to $460+ in USD which is what I paid recently
Thank you, I keep assuming that is the case, but when I go to check out, the page clearly states "USD$1560" for the 2 seat selections.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bballyork
Thank you, I keep assuming that is the case, but when I go to check out, the page clearly states "USD$1560" for the 2 seat selections.
Id give up at this point. Too much additional money for the same service, just in a bigger seat.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Feb 23, 2024 at 12:13 pm
Old Feb 23, 2024, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS UA AA BA DL HY BV
yah, I hear ya. it seems the pricing for PREFERRED business premier is dynamic so, for example, that seat is USD$530 on 3/3 and USD$790 for 3/17, with latter having tighter capacity for C in general.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by LX039
yah, I hear ya. it seems the pricing for PREFERRED business premier is dynamic so, for example, that seat is USD$530 on 3/3 and USD$790 for 3/17, with latter having tighter capacity for C in general.
Thank you for looking at that, I hadn't seen anyone else reference that fee being nearly as high as what it was displaying me, so it's good to see another data point with that high of an preferred selection price.
Old Feb 25, 2024, 9:28 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / FB Platinum / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
I recently paid 80 EUR for 1A which I thought was a steal. This was for an award ticket booked using partner miles. The call centre quoted me around $450 USD for the same seat but was able to pay the lower amount online. Maybe a glitch but not complaining.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Far Siren
I recently paid 80 EUR for 1A which I thought was a steal. This was for an award ticket booked using partner miles. The call centre quoted me around $450 USD for the same seat but was able to pay the lower amount online. Maybe a glitch but not complaining.
That I would pay as well. $500 is not worth it. Flew that plane a few times in the past weeks and yes, these are decent seats, but in the end just seats and without F service, I am not sure Id pay for the better seat since the J seat is serviceable IMHO
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:30 am

Just back from flying yesterday - 1A has IFE issues (headphone jack/port not working) and 1K wouldnt recline so Id check with ground staff - neither of these issues were advised to us at time of check-in (have had these seats booked for months).

In flight service manager advised me as soon as I boarded about no IFE (he was aware before departing on AKL>MEL flight over and airport staff shouldve advised us) - nothing he could do as BP full apparently. - not too bad on 3.5 hour flight but on IAH flights Id be irate.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by altomatum
Just back from flying yesterday - 1A has IFE issues (headphone jack/port not working) and 1K wouldnt recline so Id check with ground staff - neither of these issues were advised to us at time of check-in (have had these seats booked for months).

In flight service manager advised me as soon as I boarded about no IFE (he was aware before departing on AKL>MEL flight over and airport staff shouldve advised us) - nothing he could do as BP full apparently. - not too bad on 3.5 hour flight but on IAH flights Id be irate.
How they are still selling these seats despite me pointing these out months ago is disgraceful
Old Jun 16, 2024, 10:48 pm

Can anyone shed some light on the routes the ex-Cathay Pacific B77s take, asides the IAH-AKL route?
Some googling suggested that they fly between Melbourne an Auckland and one article suggested Sydney too, but finding any additional info on routes and days (Asides from making countless dummy bookings) is difficult to find.
Old Jun 16, 2024, 10:57 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by Purplelab
Can anyone shed some light on the routes the ex-Cathay Pacific B77s take, asides the IAH-AKL route?
Some googling suggested that they fly between Melbourne an Auckland and one article suggested Sydney too, but finding any additional info on routes and days (Asides from making countless dummy bookings) is difficult to find.
Here is the registration https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/zk-oku on how it rotates - basically every other day for MEL / IAH
the second leased ex-CX 777 is a 3 class and is just entering service https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/zk-okv
Purplelab likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 2:37 am

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by Rebound
Here is the registration https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/zk-oku on how it rotates - basically every other day for MEL / IAH
the second leased ex-CX 777 is a 3 class and is just entering service https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/zk-okv
ZK-OKV looks to be starting on AKL-PER on a regular basis. Started today and looks like the only route for a while.
Old Jun 17, 2024, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
ZK-OKV looks to be starting on AKL-PER on a regular basis. Started today and looks like the only route for a while.
It could be wrong but Ive been told ZK-OKV doesnt have Business Preferred seats but ZK-OKW will be same config as OKU. I came back from IAH in Business Preferred a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed the seat and the service. I knew some of the crew from previous flights which is usually good..
Old Jun 17, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drajknox
It could be wrong but Ive been told ZK-OKV doesnt have Business Preferred seats but ZK-OKW will be same config as OKU. I came back from IAH in Business Preferred a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed the seat and the service. I knew some of the crew from previous flights which is usually good..
Correct regarding ZK-OKV. This is shown in the 777-367 V2 seatmap.
https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/seat-map-boeing-777-367-v2

ZK-OKU seatmap is 777-367 v1.
https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/seat-map-boeing-777-367

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.