Booking class for RU PE>J

Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air New Zealand Elite
Booking class for RU PE>J

Hi just need some help here. Which booking class are we looking for on Expert flyer when I'm wanting to use an Elite RU voucher to go from PE to J?

Also what booking class should I cash book to ensure I can use the RU voucher? Does anyone know if you can stack two RUs to go from Y to J on NZ? TIA
Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:04 pm

I don't think ExpertFlyer can see those, so better to call AIRNZ and check for R class (J) or A class PE for your flights/dates, and then book them online and apply voucher
Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. I can see on EF for my dates it's showing A7. So I will ring NZ and see how this goes... R class was not showing and the operator at the call centre said there were wasn't 2 R class available.

Note: just letting you know I was able to book the Y fare AKL-LAX and then apply recognition vouchers online and it was confirmed immediately. Sweeet!!
Beano likes this.

Last edited by Ellice; Jan 30, 2024 at 12:02 pm
Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Ellice
Thanks. I can see on EF for my dates it's showing J4 and A7. So I will ring NZ and see how this goes...
Do note I think the A class EF sees is not always A class available for RU upgrade. There is an extra flag on the A class for RU that isn't exposed to GDS.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by nzkarit
Do note I think the A class EF sees is not always A class available for RU upgrade. There is an extra flag on the A class for RU that isn't exposed to GDS.
Correct; A class can be for revenue as ‘sale’ PE, and also A class for recognition upgrades to clear into. EF shows only the latter. And doesn’t show R class at all - although it may have previously?

I have had a CSR get these mixed up, and then this was revealed when my RU didn’t immediately clear after purchasing the flights ggrrrrrrrr. It did much later….
Ellice likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 3:38 pm
Original Poster

I was able to book Y, AKL-LAX, then go online and apply the RU and get immediate upgrade confirmation.
Pleased with the outcome. Restored my faith in NZ, which had been waning. Thanks nz.
But would have been annoyed if I’d bought Y and then tried to apply for PE and it didn’t clear, with A class showing on EF.
raznz likes this.

Last edited by Ellice; Jan 30, 2024 at 12:03 pm
Old Jan 29, 2024, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Ellice
I was able to book Y, AKL-LAX, then go online and apply two RUs and get immediate confirmation to J. Even though the operator said there was no R class showing on my date. I actually thought it would only allow me to upgrade with one voucher to PE but it showed option for two vouchers .
Pleased with the outcome. Restored my faith in NZ, which had been waning. Thanks nz.
but would have been annoyed if I’d bought Y and then tried to apply for PE and it didn’t clear, with A class showing on EF.
Nice. But tbh you ‘chanced your arm’ and were successful. I would never rely only on ExpertFlyer if wanting confirmation…..
Old Jan 29, 2024, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

I did think if I only got Y to PE it would be okish. The CSR had confirmed there was PE upgrade space available on my date before I did that. If the worst came to the worst I was just going to cancel the Y fare and pay the cancellation fee, once some other option came up in J via other programs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.