Wiki Posts
Search

Akl premium check in

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2023, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by cavemanzk
That premium check-in Que, doesn’t seem very premium.
Too many Koru Club members....
Old Apr 5, 2023, 6:12 pm

Programs: NZ *G
Premium check in today

I know today is a busy day for Air NZ and Auckland Airport, but both need to do better.

Premium check in for Air NZ at the international terminal was a zoo with no obvious line or structure. I have never seen it so busy. Only the front half was open, so there was no access to the old Elite section at the back. I hope this is a hangover from the flooding and more space will be available in the future as the current experience is anything but premium.

After dropping my bag I took the lift upstairs, but like others found the dedicated access passage blocked off so had to join the queue with all the other passengers. This isn’t Air NZ’s fault, but surely they have some leverage with AIAL.

I understand that airports get busy, but having premium lanes (and the dedicated family lane) closed at the start of holiday periods just isn’t good enough. It should be easy to forecast demand and staff up accordingly.
0100 and Purplelab like this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 6:51 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I think the old Elite section has been closed ever since Covid. I went to SYD in March last year and asked them why it wasn't open and they said staffing issues. Asked them the same question in December last year and got the same answer...
gratn and 0100 like this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 8:07 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
These pictures and first hand accounts are another example of NZ’s appalling service/experience proposition for its best customers.
Top Tier with NZ is meaningless with the exception of upgrade priority.

All airlines have been to hell and back with COVID, the others I fly have overall restored service levels. NZ has not. These pictures are another example
Thai-Kiwi, WLGNZ, 0100 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by taupo
These pictures and first hand accounts are another example of NZ’s appalling service/experience proposition for its best customers.
Top Tier with NZ is meaningless with the exception of upgrade priority.

All airlines have been to hell and back with COVID, the others I fly have overall restored service levels. NZ has not. These pictures are another example
Though most of those photos with check-in/baggage handling are flooding related not COVID related. Unless going high-level and blame spare parts world wide supply chain on COVID.
taupo likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 3:50 am

Programs: QFF
Don’t suppose anyone has heard anything about the express line for FF’ers / Biz flyers opening up again at all?
My international travel is slowly restarting and I’m wistfully remembering the days of when QF had its own priority line/access from the separate QF check in area that it used to have (10 odd years ago..). I can only presume this is the lift now used by AirNZ Prem check in?
Old Apr 6, 2023, 4:45 pm

Programs: Air NZ *E
Originally Posted by WLG Base

Says it all.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *E, QF Gold, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, PanPacific Platinum
Originally Posted by ChasingDaylight
Don’t suppose anyone has heard anything about the express line for FF’ers / Biz flyers opening up again at all?
My international travel is slowly restarting and I’m wistfully remembering the days of when QF had its own priority line/access from the separate QF check in area that it used to have (10 odd years ago..). I can only presume this is the lift now used by AirNZ Prem check in?
i think the QF check in and lift was further down the terminal towards Domestic? Never fkew them but dropped off colleagues and sure it was more Southerly than the AirNZ area.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 10:05 am

Programs: NZ *E
Originally Posted by Markhm
i think the QF check in and lift was further down the terminal towards Domestic? Never fkew them but dropped off colleagues and sure it was more Southerly than the AirNZ area.
Back in the day there was a Qantas premium check in "room" with a customs agent inside. They used to put a "precleared" sticker on your boarding pass, so you would go upstairs the usual way but go in an express line.

(NZ used to have an escalator from the checkin area directly to security)
Old Apr 16, 2023, 1:19 pm

Programs: Airpoints Elite
Went through the Auckland premium check in this am and there was hardly any queue (in fact we were served right away). Only two other parties being served when we got there. However, this was at 5.45am as we had been at the Novotel the night before so was an easy walk across the street.

By 6am when we were done (owing to have to check in a couple of fragile items etc) it had filled out a lot more.

20 mins from entering airport to clearing check in, customs and security - not too bad at all.
Kiwi Flyer and Thai-Kiwi like this.
Old May 3, 2023, 2:42 am

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Just checked in for AKL-LAX tomorrow and the mobile BP has “Fast Track Express” noted on it. Hopefully means AKL express lane is back (vs just using same BP notes as for AU departures). Will report back.
Old May 3, 2023, 3:24 am

Programs: Airpoints, HHONORS GOLD VIP, Aclub Gold
Has the lift inside the premium lobby gone?
Old May 3, 2023, 4:20 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by QTFLYER
Has the lift inside the premium lobby gone?
No, still there.
Old May 3, 2023, 4:36 am

Programs: NZ *G
Lift

The lift is still there, but as at 3 weeks ago when I came out of the lift I had to join the regular queue because the premium line was closed off. Hope this has changed for you, as I’m departing again in 2 weeks.
Old May 3, 2023, 8:46 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
A family member was through premium check in today and let me know the express lane was open in security
gratn, jawnbc, NZ_Flyer and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.