Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Air NZ Status Points on SQ ticketed flights

Old Mar 19, 2023, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Just wondering if I can still get airnz status points on SQ ticketed BC flight Auckland to Phuket (via SQ). The Auk to SQ leg is on air nz, SQ to Phuket is on SQ. Ticket will be purchased with SQ app (cheaper than airnz).

Looks like I will still get issued airpoints $, but reading conflicting info regarding getting status points???
Old Mar 19, 2023, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Cairns87
Just wondering if I can still get airnz status points on SQ ticketed BC flight Auckland to Phuket (via SQ). The Auk to SQ leg is on air nz, SQ to Phuket is on SQ. Ticket will be purchased with SQ app (cheaper than airnz).

Looks like I will still get issued airpoints $, but reading conflicting info regarding getting status points???
Welcome to your first FT post!

You'll ear both $AP and SP - depending on the exact fare class. Check here
https://www.airnzpoints.co.nz and
https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/star...apore-airlines

Note also that on an SQ ticket, but Air NZ aircraft, you won't be able to use any upgrade instruments. Possibly not even be able to make a seat seat selection ...

Old Mar 19, 2023, 7:43 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Cairns87

If the AKL-SIN flight is operated by Air NZ you will earn APD/SP as if it were an Air NZ flight, rather than an SQ one. The only issue will be ensuring that you are earning the correct number of points as sometimes they can map incorrectly. If they do, you will need to contact Air NZ to have them manually adjust the points.

Here is one of my posts a few months back where I go into more detail - https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34666481-post15.html
Thai-Kiwi and jimmyah like this.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 7:14 am

How can I calculate SP on NZ ticketed, SQ operated, Manchester to Singapore in PE?
The partner calculator talks about partner ticketed and operated, this was booked thru NZ as Nelson to Manchester PE rtn.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 8:35 am

Its still operated by SQ so it will be a partner flight.

you should get 61 Status points

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.