Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AKL lounge access on arrival

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

AKL lounge access on arrival

Another question. Have a mixed cabin award itinerary coming up. US-NZ, SFO AKL in J and then AKL ZQN in Y.

Any business lounge arrival access in AKL? It appears that *A Gold should be enough to get in to the NZ 2nd floor international lounge? We'll have 5 hours to kill...
Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by purdue1015
Another question. Have a mixed cabin award itinerary coming up. US-NZ, SFO AKL in J and then AKL ZQN in Y.

Any business lounge arrival access in AKL? It appears that *A Gold should be enough to get in to the NZ 2nd floor international lounge? We'll have 5 hours to kill...
If you're *A Gold, no issues getting in the lounge with a ticket in Y on any *A carrier. But it will probably have to be the domestic lounge, as I don't think you have access to the international lounge on arrival unless connecting to an international destination.

Last edited by gusd; Mar 2, 2023 at 5:56 pm Reason: Edited to add info about domestic lounge access
Old May 30, 2023, 12:25 pm

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
What if I have no status? Flying LAX to AKL in Business then AKL to ZQN in Economy (no business option) and am wondering if I can spend the 3 hour layover in the lounge?
Old May 30, 2023, 12:34 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Jerkstore
What if I have no status? Flying LAX to AKL in Business then AKL to ZQN in Economy (no business option) and am wondering if I can spend the 3 hour layover in the lounge?
If all on one ticket, then yes.
Your boarding pass will say Lounge or something to that effect.
Old May 30, 2023, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold

Yes, provided you are on one ticket AND it is on AirNZ 086 ticket stock:

Air New Zealand customers connecting to or from an international Air New Zealand Business Premier flight on the same ticket, are entitled to lounge access prior to departure. Must be travelling on a through-ticketed journey, departing on an Air New Zealand ticket (starting with '086') and 'NZ' marketed and operated flight”

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/lounges
Old May 30, 2023, 1:37 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Just to clarify the earlier comment there is no access to the international lounge (it is airside) so any access is only at the domestic terminal.
trooper likes this.
Old May 30, 2023, 1:46 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Yes, provided you are on one ticket AND it is on AirNZ 086 ticket stock:

Air New Zealand customers connecting to or from an international Air New Zealand Business Premier flight on the same ticket, are entitled to lounge access prior to departure. Must be travelling on a through-ticketed journey, departing on an Air New Zealand ticket (starting with '086') and 'NZ' marketed and operated flight”

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/lounges
If a pax was on say AC or UA ticket stock in business class but NZ metal for LAX-AKL, would they be denied domestic lounge access in AKL?
I ask as AC and UA offer many NZ metal flight options.
Old May 30, 2023, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by taupo
If a pax was on say AC or UA ticket stock in business class but NZ metal for LAX-AKL, would they be denied domestic lounge access in AKL?
I ask as AC and UA offer many NZ metal flight options.
Apparently so according to the website (and assuming pax is not *G) - but in practise not sure what would happen unless this is somehow coded into the boarding pass barcode.
Old May 31, 2023, 3:01 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Apparently so according to the website (and assuming pax is not *G) - but in practise not sure what would happen unless this is somehow coded into the boarding pass barcode.
Yeah, I think it would scan RED and come up with “denied entry”.
Old May 31, 2023, 8:51 am

Programs: Perennial Free Agent
Yeah my tickets are separate so I guess I am out of luck
Old May 31, 2023, 8:43 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
At that time of the day, you might be in better luck staying the public space in the terminal anyway.

In the morning peak, it can feel like every second passenger is in the NZ Domestic lounge.
Old May 31, 2023, 11:22 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
If you don't ask, you won't get...
Markhm likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.