Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Legislative Breach - Differences in points promised vs points received

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Legislative Breach - Differences in points promised vs points received

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2023, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Xiaotung
I wish Airpoints would just revert back to using points as currency as we have seen in other programmes that points can be used to redeem on any fare on sale as well.

APD was designed to confuse consumers into thinking that are getting a good deal but in reality people are earning much fewer and burning at a much more rapid speed than other programmes. At the same time, they are creating more headaches to themselves. Unless they review their rates every 6 months, they are increasingly difficult to reflect the changing fares. There are just too many variables and errors are prone to occur. I am still not convinced that all of airnzpoints.co.nz site is showing accurate information than it was intended especially when it comes to a few partner airlines where earn rates have been reduced to a meaningless level and everyone is treating it like Bible.

Can you imagine if The Points Guy did a deep dive into the programme?
To people who have had experience with other programs yes Airpoints may seem odd. And not getting the super super reward flights.

Though to what I guess is most people they see a dollar amount and go this is easy as they can directly see how it will help with buying a flight through the normal engine not a seperate rewards search. They don't need to Points Guy deep dive to understand how to use APD and find eligible flights/seats and can part pay with cash if don't have enough points.

For me I have found airnzpoints.co.nz to be accurate. Would I get more points if earn was sent to a different airline most probably. But there is difference between being accurate and having low earn.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 6:20 pm

Have PE thru NZ from Nelson to Manchester rtn.
Yesterday “potential” SP showed as 331 total.
Today after a flight change ( flight from Singapore now arrives in Auckland 20 minutes earlier) Sp now 243 total.

They must be making enhancements!
poopbunny likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Notagain
Today after a flight change ( flight from Singapore now arrives in Auckland 20 minutes earlier) Sp now 243 total.

This happened to me WLG-SIN via CHC on NZ in PE for SP earn. The seasonal NZ CHC-SIN was pulled and automatically booked onto SQ CHC-SIN under NZ codeshare.

Called NZ and asked to be routed WLG-SIN via AKL so as to recover the SP earn.

No one could assure me that if staying with the SQ flight that I’d sucessfully still earn the SP from the original booking.
poopbunny likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 8:24 pm

Time change or a flight change? As if a flight change the operating carrier would change and so would the SP earn. If just a time change that is odd.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 10:47 pm

NZ have told us that due to number of reissued tickets - schedule changes, cancelled flights and change of carrier, 6 in total - the system has thrown a hissy fit. They will honour the original indications and have the techs working on fixing the problem as apparently it is a new problem.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 10:58 pm

NZ have told us that due to number of reissued tickets - schedule changes, cancelled flights and change of carrier, 6 in total - the system has thrown a hissy fit. They will honour the original indications and have the techs working on fixing the problem as apparently it is a new problem.
Ahh yes more than a simple change can understand when cancel and then reissue stuff gets lost.
Old Mar 5, 2023, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nzkarit
Ahh yes more than a simple change can understand when cancel and then reissue stuff gets lost.
Is there anywhere in NZ’s T&C that states they will honour SP/$AP earn in the event of them making changes that result in an earn reduction?

Or is this just ‘good will’….?
Old Mar 6, 2023, 3:29 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by AirNZ_bae
This is a Tasman Flexi Fare H Class
You've claimed there is an issue but haven't provided any evidence so far that there is an issue.

You've provided information so far that doesn't stack up (status points are only ever whole numbers so the claimed 18.8 SP is not possible), appea to be confused about what Airpoints Dollar and Status Points are and and have been very vague about lots of things.

I don't think anybody can add anything to this thread because the only obvious assumption right now is that there isn't actually an issue at all and you're just confused.
samyoull and LyingFlat like this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AirNZ_bae

I note that a Works H fare AKL-PER fare should earn 94 SP, and that you report only 18.8 SP was earned.

I also note 18.8 is precisely 20% of 94. Interesting.

Can you post a screenshot of the 18.8 SP credited to the owner’s account? That would assist those on this forum understand the issue with some evidence.
LyingFlat likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
AirNZ_bae

I note that a Works H fare AKL-PER fare should earn 94 SP, and that you report only 18.8 SP was earned.

I also note 18.8 is precisely 20% of 94. Interesting.

Can you post a screenshot of the 18.8 SP credited to the owner’s account? That would assist those on this forum understand the issue with some evidence.
And was the fare paid in:
Cash
100% Airpoints
Mix of cash and airpoints
Thai-Kiwi and LyingFlat like this.
Old Mar 6, 2023, 6:10 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by nzkarit
And was the fare paid in:
Cash
100% Airpoints
Mix of cash and airpoints
Yes, this will be key. If the fare was paid as a mix of cash/APD then you would only earn 20% earn.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LyingFlat
Yes, this will be key. If the fare was paid as a mix of cash/APD then you would only earn 20% earn.
Well, this seems the most likely explanation. If the OP confirms payment was through a mix of $AP and real money, then there is no problem (never was).
Old Mar 7, 2023, 4:45 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
The way the OP was written, made it sound like they had been literally hired by Air NZ to do this, and so I found it strange that they would be asking this question in such a public forum, but now I am guessing that them "assisting" was them complaining?
Old Mar 7, 2023, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
The way the OP was written, made it sound like they had been literally hired by Air NZ to do this, and so I found it strange that they would be asking this question in such a public forum, but now I am guessing that them "assisting" was them complaining?
And use of Legislation oppose to Act.

Get a feel English isn't first language.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 11:21 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Well, this seems the most likely explanation. If the OP confirms payment was through a mix of $AP and real money, then there is no problem (never was).
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
I get the feeling that the OP has been given a reasonable answer by NZ and are shopping around for a different opinion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.