Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Issue with NZ issued ticket / NZ codeshare of UA operated flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2023, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I just flew SYD-LAX on an Air Nee Zealand (086) ticket and ANZ didn’t transfer the segment to UA so I had to call our travel agent and sit at checkin for 45 mins while they got UA to reissue the ticket.

bonus: upgrade stuck around!
Beano likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 12:47 pm

Programs: AC, AA, TK, OW Emerald
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I just flew SYD-LAX on an Air Nee Zealand (086) ticket and ANZ didn’t transfer the segment to UA so I had to call our travel agent and sit at checkin for 45 mins while they got UA to reissue the ticket.
UA's ticket system is known for not playing nicely with partner systems. I had a UA-ticket award reservation that was rebooked and reticketed by OS because OS canceled one of my flights, and it took the airport agents 90 minutes to figure out how to get the new ticket number into the system so that I could check in for my initial UA flight (which was supposed to be followed by a OS flight, but was rebooked on SK).
Old Feb 28, 2023, 5:07 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
We had a flight that was booked through Air NZ. ZQN-AKL-LAX (NZ) - LHR (UA). On checking in in ZQN they actually off loaded us from the UA connecting flight and could not issue a boarding pass, even though booked NZ ticket all the way through. Were told by ZQN check in staff to go to the UA desk at AKL to sort out (which is not staffed after the SFO flight departs).

Ended up needing to be sorted at transfer desk at AKL international, bags had to be found and re tagged. The 1 hour to checkin on ZQN was a bit of a mind blow with this result.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 5:14 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by AirborneLocksmith
UA's ticket system is known for not playing nicely with partner systems. I had a UA-ticket award reservation that was rebooked and reticketed by OS because OS canceled one of my flights, and it took the airport agents 90 minutes to figure out how to get the new ticket number into the system so that I could check in for my initial UA flight (which was supposed to be followed by a OS flight, but was rebooked on SK).
Flew AKL-IAH-XXX-IAH-AKL recently, arranged by work T/A. For whatever reason (unsure if T/A error or UA error), the segments appeared out of whack - the flight out of IAH to my destination (on UA metal) was listed as segment four in UA's system and UA app. Air NZ system it looked fine, but at AKL could only get BP for the NZ flight. Got to IAH, unable to check in via app/online/kiosk extremely unhelpful and grumpy UA per who said the segment was wrong and it was a T/A issue and only T/A could fix and we should tell them how unprofessional their service was and we'd probably not make the flight.

Instead, went to the UA ticketing/service desk across the way and had a very helpful per who agreed the segments were out of whack and managed to check us in for XXX, give BPs and tag luggage.

Segments according to UA:
  1. 11 Feb AKL-IAH
  2. 18 Feb XXX-IAH
  3. 18 Feb IAH-AKL
  4. 11 Feb IAH-XXX

Curious as to if it was a T/A issue booking segments out of whack or if a UA issue entirely.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Goodness! I wonder if this could even ever occur with the old paper coupon system….
Old Mar 2, 2023, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Goodness! I wonder if this could even ever occur with the old paper coupon system….
The weird thing was that their system insisted my UA-operated SYD-LAX segment was a paper ticket, and that's why they couldn't check me in. Then they said NZ didn't transfer control to UA, and that was the reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.