Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Air New Zealand International Vaccine Pass Question

Old Feb 6, 2023, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Hi. Firstly I'd like to apologize if this is a dumb and obvious question, but I am an infrequent flyer and I have tried googling this and haven't been able to come with any definite answers.

I am due to fly with Air New Zealand in March to Los Angeles. My international vaccine pass only has my first and last name, while my passport has my first, middle and last name. Will this cause any issues during check in? Do Air New Zealand still check your vaccine passes and should I try to get this changed or leave it as is?

Thanks
Old Feb 6, 2023, 12:33 am

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
No. 😀

its like that for many travellers.
low probability anyone will show any interest
Old Feb 6, 2023, 12:55 am

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
I recently went to LAX and back and nobody even asked or checked for my vaccine pass.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
To add to the advice above. At present the US still has covid-related requirements for entry or transit.

Whether these are actually checked in detail is another question

US requirements:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019..._1634924936642

AirNZ advice:
https://www.airnewzealand.com.au/tra...-north-america
Old Feb 6, 2023, 1:46 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Adriaine
Hi. Firstly I'd like to apologize if this is a dumb and obvious question, but I am an infrequent flyer and I have tried googling this and haven't been able to come with any definite answers.

I am due to fly with Air New Zealand in March to Los Angeles. My international vaccine pass only has my first and last name, while my passport has my first, middle and last name. Will this cause any issues during check in? Do Air New Zealand still check your vaccine passes and should I try to get this changed or leave it as is?

Thanks
If you phone the Ministry of Health vaccine passport line they should be able to manually edit your name and resend it to you. I've done this myself.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 2:26 am

Programs: NZ Elite
You can also submit a request on MyCovid Record - https://mycovidrecord.health.nz/
I have a double barelled last name but the certificate was initially only showing the first word. I contacted them via the website above and I had an updated certificate emailed within 24 hours. This was in early 2022.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 11:23 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
I didn't even realize this was technically still a requirement because in LAX, nobody checked me/my families vaccine passes. I don't think we even brought them.
​​​​​​
Old Feb 6, 2023, 12:43 pm

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
I didn't even realize this was technically still a requirement because in LAX, nobody checked me/my families vaccine passes. I don't think we even brought them.
​​​​​​
USG pushed the requirement on airlines and only now require attestation at check in
Old Feb 6, 2023, 3:41 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by samyoull
USG pushed the requirement on airlines and only now require attestation at check in
Interesting and very good to know. Back when I flew September 22, we weren't asked about them at check in so I would have flown back over, not even realizing I'd be now asked!
Old Feb 7, 2023, 1:24 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
There is still a lot of irony in one of the countries with some of the the weakest Covid restrictions in the world still requiring vaccine passes!
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 11:10 am

Programs: NZ*G, back of the bus UA, corner of the MLL AC.
Originally Posted by sbiddle
There is still a lot of irony in one of the countries with some of the the weakest Covid restrictions in the world still requiring vaccine passes!
Not really ironic just politically easy to do, US citizens don't need them and they're the ones that vote.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 1:20 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by samyoull
Not really ironic just politically easy to do, US citizens don't need them and they're the ones that vote.
Indeed same logic when esta was introduced charging a fee for previously free visa waiver visits, and when those fees went up. Only foreigners get charged.

Iirc the then Disney ceo made a public statement about how wonderful it was going to be for tourism too!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.