Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Self check in at LAX - any recent experience about how early it opens?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Self check in at LAX - any recent experience about how early it opens?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2023, 7:28 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by henrus
It's amazing how LAX has gone from having up to 4x Air NZ flights per day (1x LHR, 2x AKL and 1x AKL via RAR on some days pre covid) to hardly having service at all, just a single flight to AKL most days.
It actually made me quite nervous on my last trip. I normally booked the SEA to LAX tickets separately from my LAX to AKL/RAR/LHR. Given I only travel with a carry-on it was never a problem - I would just walk from Terminal 6 (where Alaska arrives) to the *A lounge and check in for my LAX-to wherever flight there. It was never an issue as I could always check in early, before the cut-off time. But now that there is only the one flight from LAX and the NZ agent doesn't arrive at the *A lounge until after check-in is closed I "panicked", given I'm never allowed to check-in online or via the app.

In short, I'm no longer flying out of LAX and using YVR instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.