Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Booking Xmas flights 330 days out- do prices come down...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2023, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

... thinking no. Looking to book AKL-MEL right before Xmas and right before New Year's. Flights on NZ sure just opened.

Looking at $900 return economy and $1400 return premium economy. Usually I'd wait for a sale but conscious there won't be for these dates. Would you lock in the price now?
Old Jan 16, 2023, 4:08 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Just book now, fully flexi / refundable. If a sale comes out and it is worth it just cancel and rebook. I do it "all the time" . . . . If you are willing to pay $900-$1400 plus to be fully flexible, that is what I would do.

Last edited by kiwicyclo; Jan 16, 2023 at 4:09 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 16, 2023, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kiwicyclo
Just book now, fully flexi / refundable. If a sale comes out and it is worth it just cancel and rebook. I do it "all the time" . . . . If you are willing to pay $900-$1400 plus to be fully flexible, that is what I would do.
​​​​​​ Thanks... These are for non refundable, add heaps more $ for flexible 😐
Old Jan 16, 2023, 4:55 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
$800 - $900 return was pretty normal pre Covid for any TT travel around Xmas time.
codyc1515 and Guzla like this.
Old Jan 16, 2023, 7:33 pm

Programs: Air NZ Koru, Air NZ ELT *G, IHG Spire Ambassador, Emirates, Flying Blue, QANTAS Club
Originally Posted by znsm
​​​​​​ Thanks... These are for non refundable, add heaps more $ for flexible 😐
I get that, but it does give you full flexibility to cancel for a full refund and go cheaper at anytime, for any reason, peace of mind. . . that is the point. even at a time closer to flight dates I have cancelled and rebooked on the same flights for the non fully flexi rate. I sort of see it as a self imposed insurance policy since the VID!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.