Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

AKL-SIN in Prem Eco - AirNZ or Singapore Air?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AKL-SIN in Prem Eco - AirNZ or Singapore Air?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2023, 9:15 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Originally Posted by NZJuniorDoc
- use business toilets
What aircraft type is that? On the 789 the BP toilets are all the way front on the pointy end and aren't really accessible to PE unless you go through the curtain and walk past the entire BP cabin. Does NZ also fly other equipment on this route?
Old Jan 17, 2023, 9:59 pm

When I flew the 773 in November in Y, the toilets by the wings were curtained off, so had to use either the toilets between the Y forward and Y rear seating and the ones at the very back.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by progapanda
What aircraft type is that? On the 789 the BP toilets are all the way front on the pointy end and aren't really accessible to PE unless you go through the curtain and walk past the entire BP cabin. Does NZ also fly other equipment on this route?
789-V2 (27J 33PE) - there are also toilets between PE and J (right pic)
I understand this config is used to JFK et al.

789-V1 (18J 21PE) - there is a toilet at left-rear of PE cabin (left pic)

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jan 17, 2023 at 11:25 pm
Old Jan 18, 2023, 12:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Airlines: NZ, VS, BA; Hotels: Hilton, IHG
So it turns out I can’t redeem the onward leg from SIN-LHR until 11 months out (stupid Virgin Atlantic), and as it isn’t guaranteed and I don’t want to run the risk of the PE seats to SIN getting more expensive, I’m just going to have to splash out for cash J seats all the way. It means I’ll miss a stopover in Singapore, but saving the money on hotels and theme parks helps justify the extra cost.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 1:49 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Well if it is two kids you are bringing, that is very generous to put them in J. They are very lucky!
Old Jan 18, 2023, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Airlines: NZ, VS, BA; Hotels: Hilton, IHG
Indeed. And insanely, the J fare all the way was $50 cheaper pp than the equivalent in premium economy!
Beano and Outbound24 like this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 1:19 am

I found the Singapore A350 PE quite uncomfortable on the behind after about halfway into the flight and a bit more cramped somehow then either the 777 or 787 Air NZ product. That's all I can say. Everything else quite similar. I love Singapores inflight entertainment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.