Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air New Zealand | Air Points
Reload this Page >

Koru/Elite Partner lounge access at Hong Kong

Old Jan 9, 2023, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red

Hi,

any thoughts on why there is no Koru/Elite Partner lounge access at Hong Kong? I know in the past I have used a lounge (not sure which, but maybe Thai).

Not only is there no access - there is not even a voucher.

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/part...unge-directory

I am hoping this might be due to the terminal access being restricted and that this might change in the near future.

Thanks
Old Jan 9, 2023, 2:13 pm

Programs: Air NZ (*GE), ALL Accor (Diamond)
It's very very busy there at the moment, as is SIN. The state of things is quite worrying in general. Keep working your way toward Gold/GE! You'll get there!
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 2:36 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy
Hi,

any thoughts on why there is no Koru/Elite Partner lounge access at Hong Kong? I know in the past I have used a lounge (not sure which, but maybe Thai).

Not only is there no access - there is not even a voucher.

https://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/part...unge-directory

I am hoping this might be due to the terminal access being restricted and that this might change in the near future.

Thanks
I believe EP/Koru used to be able to access the TG lounge in HKG. However, I think the TG lounge is closed which is probably why it shows no lounge access on the chart.
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by LyingFlat
I believe EP/Koru used to be able to access the TG lounge in HKG. However, I think the TG lounge is closed which is probably why it shows no lounge access on the chart.
Yes, it was the TG lounge. However, poor of NZ not to negotiate access for KC/EP to the UA lounge next door to where the TG used to be, or even the SQ lounge.
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Yes, it was the TG lounge. However, poor of NZ not to negotiate access for KC/EP to the UA lounge next door to where the TG used to be, or even the SQ lounge.
totally agree with you! And not even a voucher.

It's certainly an outlier from arrangements at nearly other airport.

Last edited by jeffrocowboy; Jan 9, 2023 at 5:09 pm
Old Jan 9, 2023, 5:10 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
That or at least access to one of the pay per use lounges in HKG.
jeffrocowboy likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 11:13 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Gold's do get access to the Pier Business lounge. I'm pretty sure before Covid this was Elite and BP pax only?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:34 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
The UA and SQ lounges are also closed, I believe.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
My guess is this will be remedied for at least NZ*G in March, as United is restoring their remaining HKG service with 2x daily SFO and 1x daily EWR to go with their 1x daily ORD that is operating. I'd imagine their lounges will reopen for that.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 10:55 am

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
https://www.hongkongairport.com/en/p...irline-lounges

My understanding was the *A lounges are closed. The only Cathay lounge open currently is the Pier.. but it looks like the wing reopened just now.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 11:18 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by JANZFlyer
https://www.hongkongairport.com/en/p...irline-lounges

My understanding was the *A lounges are closed. The only Cathay lounge open currently is the Pier.. but it looks like the wing reopened just now.
Zero point visiting HKG if you can't visit the TK, UA, SQ, Wing and Pier for a lounge crawl before a flight like I did once.
brucelee and Thai-Kiwi like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.